My frp and big plans

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue3 said:
already modded my alternator, just the engine to sort now lol

Cool, are you using the original alternator? I have a small one to use.

You need to pull your finger out your taking forever lol

RyanG said:
Blue3 said:

Yes did the s1600 mod on standard alternator, finger is out, just finances that isnt, but hoping that changes in jan

Blue3 said:
RyanG said:
Blue3 said:

Yes did the s1600 mod on standard alternator, finger is out, just finances that isnt, but hoping that changes in jan

Oh right, never seen the s1600 set up, do you have pictures you could send me over?
Hope you get sorted it will be very interesting seeing what yours makes :)

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m617/myblue3/?action=view&current=picture000_zpseefff5d2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m617/myblue3/?action=view&current=picture001_zps223ec9d1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blue3 said:
http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m617/myblue3/?action=view&current=picture000_zpseefff5d2.jpg

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m617/myblue3/?action=view&current=picture001_zps223ec9d1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Simon

Little update, gearbox is fully rebuilt its an frp box thats had a lsd fitted and every bearing replaced.

IMAG1134_zpswnqpiyth.jpg

New 6 paddle clutch and lightened flywheel fitted.

IMAG1137_zpspk5bybow.jpg

IMAG1139_zpszqxungnt.jpg

I have to come up with a new alternator as even the s1600 mods to a standard alternator will not fit with my inlet system.

IMAG1138_zpsl1exxhzx.jpg

New billet cam-belt tensioner one for mine and one for the race car :)

IMAG1143_zpsv9ebw7ef.jpg

Things have been going a little slower on my frp as some of you may know were entering a modified puma in the track-day trophy race series, but in the next couple of weeks the engine should be in and finished :)

Ill no doubt make a new thread with how our race car is coming along :)

Well ive been put behind with the engine install as the latest spec works exhaust manifold used doesnt fit in my frp, so the car was dropped off at edwards motorsport today to have a full manifold and exhaust system keeping the manifold lengths and collector positions the same, the car will be there for the next three weeks but after that i finally have nothing else stopping the new engine going in :) cant wait.

Also made a billet altenator bracket for the new smaller altenator and sorted a remote fuel pressure regulator aswell.

Keep meaning to make a thread for our race car as thats where all our time is going at the minute haha

Got any pics if the Alternator bracket you made mate? And does the smaller alternator work the same as the standard one, & switch the dash light off when it's charging? Wouldn't mind a smaller one myself.

PumaNoob said:
Got any pics if the Alternator bracket you made mate? And does the smaller alternator work the same as the standard one, & switch the dash light off when it's charging? Wouldn't mind a smaller one myself.

I will get some pics tomorrow mate before it goes for anodising, it should work the same as standard and switch the light off on the dash.

This one is some sort of Motorsport derived alternator so is very expensive but im sure a smaller similar one can be found :)

Awesome build. Love this project thread. Can't wait to start work on my engine!

Nothing decided yet mate. Keep changing my mind on what I want to do. Can't wait to see your in action with in car videos though. Pretty sure that will connive me to go the throttle bodies route! Awesome job though. Well done. :eek:k:

You cant beat the sound of throttle bodies, even our little race car for next year is on gsxr throttle bodies among other mods and that sounds well, not quite 9500rpm but sounds well haha
Thanks again :)

RyanG said:
You cant beat the sound of throttle bodies, even our little race car for next year is on gsxr throttle bodies among other mods and that sounds well, not quite 9500rpm but sounds well haha
Thanks again :)

Except the sound of a turbo spooling, and then the sound of overtaking a 9500rpm puma :lol:

RyanG said:
Haha we have been over this, you've got more chance of pissing on the moon lol

Ha ha ha! Did you not notice, I'm trying to build my puma into a rocket ship so pissing on the moon might just happen!!

Latest posts

Back