Nancy - Moondust silver 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so an update...

Nancy is now semi-retired and I am cycling to work. It's only 4 miles but there's a bitch of a hill on the way home, so we'll see how that goes! I am looking into extending my garage (some of it was lost to the kitchen extension [no that wasn't me!]) so she can be put away properly either during the week or permanently if I decide to buy a silly car for a while (prob mark II MR2).

I have a very good excuse for missing Ford Fair (although I still feel bad about it!). On 2nd August this happened:

Yup, another Puma marriage!

New To do list
Buy another tail light bulb!
Get suspension sorted (rear near side is a bit squeaky!)
Fix windows (both are a bit slow and driver's switch is sticky)
New floor mats
Fit some small replacement bits I bought 2 years ago at Ford Fair (!) and something else from last year...
Professional valet

Ist post also updated with new mileage...176k!

Nancy has now crossed 178k. Slowly getting to my target of 200k!

I've just had a new rocker gasket and spark plugs and she is booked in for yearly fettling and suspension work next week (at Tremona of course).

Before she is replaced as my main car I want to refurbish her a bit, wheels, new headlights, that sort of thing. Then she can be retired for now before I get rich enough to run two cars.

Still runs like a dream and pulls well, happy to rev all the way to red line and uses no more oil than when I first got her. Superb car :wub:

I saw Nancy's twin the other day, a bit further around our road: Silver on props, V-something DNN. The something was 719, 219 or similar. I'll keep an eye open to see if I see it again. 8)

After a 'misfire' was investigated it turns out there is zero compression in the 4th cylinder, with leaks occurring in multiple locations. I have made the decision not to fix the car as even with free labour the costs are too high to jutify given I would have to replace the car in 6 months or so time anyway.

The Puma formerly known as Nancy is dead!

This car will live on under the care of r53bertyboo, who has promised to do something interesting!

'Dead's' quite a harsh word, metamorphosised is more appropriate I think. She lasted a very long.time to be fair!

Nancy is dead, the Puma isn't. Someone else can't have Nancy.

F'ing amazing car, sad the engine let go - the other 3 cylinders were in perfect condition!

Back