My Cat C Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hewy

I thought I would show my cat C Puma 1.7 I bought in Car Transplants in Winsford, Cheshire for £250. The pictures were taken after the passenger door and wing replacement as well as the A Frame where the hinges are fitted on and the welding on the floor pans in the front, which I didn't knew till I removed the seats and carpet. Also the bonnet was replaced with a better one because the old one was scratched really bad.

These are the pictures of passenger side of the door and wing that replaced the dented parts. The wing was fitted by myself but the door and pillar repair was done by a body shop.

These are the scratches on the drivers side and a bit of surface/bubble rust on the rear arche. This will be dealt with after the VIC and MOT. I seen the marks when I went to see the car but didn't knew about the rust on the arch till I had it.

The ABS Sensor on the passenger side needs looking at because I had the wheel off when I was replacing the wing and might of knocked it or might be dirt in the plug. Even I may have to replace it. I took for a spin around the block and the ABS/Traction Control lights on the dash didn't turn off when I went over 15mph. I might also replace the discs and pads just to make sure.

Here is the list and costs of the jobs been done and that have to be done:-

Jobs Done:-

Car £250
Door £30
Wing £20
Bonnet £30
Drivers Wing Mirror £10
Door Fitting and Pillar Repair £150
Floor Welding £120
Car Transportation To & From Body Shop £70
Fitted In Ripspeed 723b Headunit And Cables Free
2 New Tyres £86
Refitted Rear View Mirror £4

Jobs Got To Be Done:-

Respray Center Caps
ABS Sensors
Arch Repair
Respray Over Scratches
MOT
VIC
Tax
Fit in Amp, Bass Speaker and Cables
Get It Valeted Properly.

I hope to get it on the road by June ready for the hot weather and before my runabout's tax and mot run out.

You look as though you have your work cut out with this one my friend, rust is not too bad but those scratches are deep!

Also looks as though the wing is not sitting properly, may not be your fault but could be the a frame etc has not been aligned as well as it could be as wing gap does not look right at all.

Wish you luck and look forward to seeing finished pics, one more Puma saved is always good :grin:

I had a look at my ABS sensor today on the passenger side and the plug wasn't connected together properly. So i refitted the plug but the downside is the battery is dead. I have to check it when the battery is charged and I can check it over the Easter weekend. I hope the ABS and TC lights turn off.

It look's like I may have to get new ABS sensors in May then book it for its MOT and VIC. I noticed today when I refitted the battery that the drivers wing wasn't fitted correctly and was out by a inch or so. This will be re-seated over the bank holiday weekend as well as sorting out my runabout. I be getting help from my dad and cups of tea from my mum. I do need a cap for the wiper arm asap because the nut is starting to rust.

I will also book it in for a diagnostic to make sure there isn't any more issues and to put my mind at ease. If there is, I will sort it out somehow. The paint work will be done in July so I want this project is ready for the Ford Fair in August. Also, I've got my eyes on a Milly to do over the Autumn and Winter months for next year's shows but I'm waiting for the council to give me a garage so I fix it.

Update:- I've booked an MOT for it for the 8th May. The guys in the garage said they will do a diagnostic for me for free to see if the puma does need new sensors and anything else it might need. If it passes, I will book it for its VIC. In June, the spray jobs will be done.

Keep these updates coming... :thumbs:

Looks like you're in the same boat as me... This is my project thread... http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine was a previous Cat C as well.. Part way through my body repairs :thumbs:

Hey Jim! My latest update is my cat's passenger front abs sensor needs replacing and I had to replace the plugs because they were beyond any use. The MOT is now on Wednesday afternoon and I'm picking up the new sensor in the morning before the MOT. So I've got to do the sensor first before I go the MOT. If it passes the MOT, I'm going to book the VIC for early June as well as the paint job.

Also I painted the Ford logo on the hub covers on the wheel in blue.

Here is the state of 3 of the plugs:-

Sounds good :thumbs:

Be careful when removing the old ABS sensor.. it's very easy to damage the ABS ring.

Will you be taking it to the Huyton VIC Testing Centre? There's a guy in there who's a right grumpy sod that did my test.. :lol:

Right! Here is a new update! Replaced the ABS sensor today and it works now. No lights on the dashboard. Also the cat passed its MOT with 3 advisories. These were:-

001 Offside front seat belt damaged but webbing not significantly weakened [5.2.2a]

002 Nearside front lower (rear bush) suspension arm bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement [2.4.G.2]

003 Offside rear Rear wheel bearing has slight play [2.6.2]

Also, a mechanic pointed out that the passenger rack end is bent and this is why the wheel alignment is out. I will sort this out in August after the respray. Now its time to book the VIC and get its log book and tax. :thumbs:

I thought I bring up some good news about this little car. Over a week ago I applied for the VIC online and VOSA said to it would take 10 working days to get a email confirmation on how to book and to pay it. Well this morning i had a email saying my application has been processed and Monday morning it be paid for as well as booked for Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon (2pm onwards). Then I will tax it and wash it.

Paint and rear wheel arches replacement will be done in July.

Thanks guys! My mum asked can she go to the center with me and I said sure! This is the first time she has been in it and she loved it. She has even called my Puma "Kitty"! :shock: Pity she is nearly 70 and too late to learn to drive because I think she would of liked to drive it.

I did notice in the heater controls that most of the bulbs need replacing so I will look for some soon. :thumbs:

I had my V5C through today, which is quick since the VIC was couple of weeks ago and I sent off the V62 off 2 days later and I found out the Puma had 6 previous owners. So the past owners did kept it for long. Never mind! It's in my name name now.

Also I've booked it into the spray shop down the road to sort out the scratches on it. It needs to look nice so when I go to shows and meets and I don't want it to look tatty. I managed to find windscreen wiper arms nut covers in the breakers the other day as well as fuel cut off cover, which was missing from it.

Keep these updates coming... and plenty of progress pictures :thumbs:

I can't say anything though.. I need to update my project thread :lol:

Back