My Cat C Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I'm dragging my thread back up from the dead due to a pain in the butt situation which happened on Monday. On Monday, I had 2 tyre blowouts driving home and I'm lucky it happened at a junction. I looked at the tyres and they were very bald inside and you could see the metal. Well, the tracking was way out as well as the track rod was bent. I was suppose to do replace the track rod and the end but other things happened to me to stop this. At least I had the rod and end already which I bought from EuroCar Spares on a trade price.

So I took the car to my local garage to get the tyres replaced and replace the rod and end as well as the tracking and the garage charged me £130 for the work, which is reasonable and it had to be done. I took it for a spin last night and it drives better and there is no more issues with the steering now. Next year, rear arches and respray but got to save up to get it done. I'm also thinking of getting a K&N filter to improve performance just by a little bit.

A quick update, my rear box failed last week and it sounded like a big bore exhaust with the mpg being mega bad. Here is an example of the mpg on Friday last. I put in 10 litres in the morning and by today I was running fumes. But I got a new back box and got it installed. Now it sounds a lot sweeter and quieter. Next year, spray job and arches as well as a rear wheel bearing with other little bits to make it nice.

Back