Nancy - Moondust silver 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New coil installed, seems to be 99% better (?!) so will see how it goes next long journey. Tremona hopefully this month for new HCV and have a look at suspension mounts and the scraping noise I get on full left lock...

Update time!

Just back from a VERY expensive visit to Tremona, think I will be budget juggling for the rest of the night!

Hesitation problem: spark plugs had not been greased so sparks had caused damage in no. 3; they were also very oily. Fix: new Ford parts (apparently Pumas don't like denso?!).

Heating problem: HCV was -AB not -AC which is annoying as it came from a main Ford dealer and I knew about this problem but was assured by someone on here that provided I used the correct part number I'd get the latest batch! Can't believe the cheek of Ford sending out known bad parts just to get rid of them! Unfortunately I have left it too late to get a refund, lesson learned!

Bushes: No signs of movement or deterioration in the polyurethane ones at all. Tiny bit of corrosion near the rear beam bushes but not much, not a problem (yet). Had the non-poly ones replaced along with the front lower arms which had got pretty bad, and link arms (plus some bolts etc.).

HEGO sensor is showing a fault, (switches slowly), and the rocker gasket is leaking again but they said wait til cambelt change in March to do that. Also will need new rear brake lines in about 6 months time, so if I get to nurburgring I shall change those before I go (he recommended Goodrich = opportunity to get purple hehe).

The other expense of the day is to be found on the What Made My Day thread...

^ this. I ruddy love Tremona - car always comes out driving like new again, and almost always told I don't need to do something just yet, i.e they never say (with dollar signs in their eyes) "yeah we can do that for you, no probs mate" if it doesn't need doing.

Have all your hesitation woes gone away now?

Seems so, don't want to tempt fate like before though!

What is more amazing is the hot air, then cold air, then hot air, then cold air :eek:

They might be expensive, but sometimes its worth it taking your car there if you only need to take it there once!! Taking it elswhere for even half the price isnt worth it if you have to take it there twice!! Nice to hear you have 'possibly' sorted your problems out.

Booked in with Richard for basics only, not keen on spending £1k on it atm :( . HEGO and hoses both have bit more life in them, air filters pah who cares, oil getting changed and cambelt, and rocker gasket. Poor unloved car :(

Decided against Nurburgring too due to not enough holiday and will be a financial stretch when all I really want to do is save for a house. Sorry Colin, feel like I'm letting you down :( - Zara you'd best do an extra lap for me!

much obliged :) Im sure I could have given you very similar entertainment as the big man would have aswell :D

at least the cambelt is being done though mate, other things can get doen bit at a time :) tis what im trying to do atm

Shiny new cambelt and water pump fitted (first water pump did 137k miles, not bad for a Ford ;)). Car feels much better now, even though I know it makes no difference :lol: . Also realised I am attached to a piece of metal to an unhealthy extent, was so relieved when she was back in her space at home!

Big thanks to Richard at Tremona, very helpful and knowledgeable as ever :thumbs:

Ha might even wash it sometime although I have NO time. Supposed to be cleaning house for friend coming to stay and I end up on here :roll:

It can't just be psychological - every time Richard's done anything to my Puma it always leaves the garage driving like a magic carpet! :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back