Need some help please people

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POOMERLOVE

Hi

I am looking to buy a new back box, however, my puma still has the orig exhaust so its still all in one piece therefore I would need to cut the exhaust so I can attach the new back box.

I don't really fancy cutting the exhaust so I am looking for a completely new set.

Could you guys post some links to trusty website I don't really want to spend more than £250 if this is possible?

I have been looking at the links below but am not sure if this is everything i need:

http://www.sportex-exhausts.com/Performance-Race-Exhaust-System-FRS11/cat/4/sub/64/subsub/77/product/169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sportex-exhausts.com/Performance-Exhaust-System-FF44/cat/4/sub/64/subsub/77/product/168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both sets look good and are complete but unless you are not governed by money like me why not consider the following (sorry no links but you can easily find them)

Race tube (no centre box) around £40/£50 on fleabay

Back box of you choice

No centre box does not increase the noise level too much but does sound good as you go up through the gears (over 2500/3000)

POOMERLOVE said:
I don't really fancy cutting the exhaust so I am looking for a completely new set.

You're going to have to cut the old one out though as it's a one piece item and over the rear beam. Unless you take out the rear beam?

Indeed, which ever option you're probably going to want to cut the original exhaust.

For £250 I'd be on the look out for a second hand Miltek system (this is what I did for both my Pumas)

Hmm not much about on ebay in terms of good second hand exhausts, only one on there has a welded on cat which wouldn't fit a standard Puma properly I don't think.

Zincs suggestion isn't bad, gives you more options.

You want a standard replacement or a performance one?

You might find on inspection the mid section is shot as well, either way while you're under there its a good time to do it.

I got these from a local exhaust place, £70 all in including the gasket and a U clamp.

28082010535_medium.jpg

I occasionally get second hand ones in two pieces but the postage kills it, I'd be searching locally for an aftermarket supplier, go in there with some cash and tell him you're there to do a deal.

Dal said:
POOMERLOVE said:

You're going to have to cut the old one out though as it's a one piece item and over the rear beam. Unless you take out the rear beam?

Yeah very true. and yeah sorry I meant I didnt want to cut the exhaust and attach a new part to it I want to replace the whole exhaust.

Thanks guys for the messages Ill have a look at your suggestions. Hopefully I have some pictures to upload soon. of before and after.

If anyone has any links and websites which are trusted post them please.

:)

Back