New daily - family friendly!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherryVimto

Although I love nipping around in my Fiesta it has become more of a grind trying to get everyone in it especially as it only has 2 doors and the other half has to sit in the back with virtually no leg room.

As a friend of mine likes to buy cars on a regular basis, I have bought one of his 'projects' as a new daily/family car:

38698693685_c4dd231a9e_c.jpg

1.9 tdi PD100. Was bought with a broken turbocharger which I replaced for my friend before I got it. Now it has a boost leak which I have yet to find.

Interior is VERY clean with next to no marks.

So, a wee list of jobs to do:
* Locate and cure boost leak - may go for 'upgraded' front mount intercooler kit
* Replace drivers side electric mirror adjuster
* Raise coilover suspension to a more practical height
* Service - oil, filter etc.

I was looking at one of these with the exact same problem with a boost leak. Soon as the owner revved it and it smoked the street out with blue smoke I just walked away.

I'd take one of the older VAG's over any of the new ones in a heartbeat. Too much hassle to work on the newer ones.

I find any Diesel car to be about £400-£800 more expensive to insure each year. Whereas the exact same petrol with the same size engine is a lot cheaper. Not to mention all the problems that go alongside Diesel, DPF / EGR / AdBlue it's uneconomical to own one these days. I'd rather have a petrol, pay a little more at the pumps and when driving than have all the hassle of them going wrong. My brother has a 1.4 TDCI Fiesta, because he doesn't do enough miles (about 5,000 each year) the DPF keeps clogging up. :roll:

Latest posts

Back