Project Silver, PIC HEAVY

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PumaJay said:
yeh i know theres a pin i might need to swap... my piper system doesnt have the bung for the post cat lambda... its blanked off and cable tied down under the bonnet lol.

its the ecu from the analogue dial puma the tape is aint it? obviously its still gonna run the digi dash ok?

The TAPE ecu is from a digi dash puma, its the one fitted in the FRP, and they only came with digi.

ScubaSteve said:
539157_10151215706025730_126201940_n.jpg

dont suppose if anyone knows if this is the same as the pre cat, with a view to keeping it spare incase the pre cat one goes?

The Lamda is the same, but IIRC the plug is different. I fitted one for someone on here, and the plug was a different shape, so i just re wired the plug up to the old plug, and it worked fine.

Set about trying to sort the inner arches that were slicing into the tyres on hard cornering, luckily it hadnt gone more than a couple of mm into the tyre.

here what is was like, you can actually see the black mark where the tyre touched

253038_10151220212645730_544266167_n.jpg

folded it over with a large pair of pliers, this is also what they did with the frps having 17's im led to believe

270615_10151220212780730_1343556550_n.jpg

from inside the engine bay

402355_10151220212920730_1719468579_n.jpg

coat of por15

480333_10151220213075730_1541047612_n.jpg

gave it quite a bit more lows on the front

392049_10151220213260730_1458911880_n.jpg

Some Pistonheads twats took the piss out of it, calling it a "B&Q Puma", so I imagine that's why he stopped posting his work:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=2&t=1181399&d=11905.21531&nmt=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We all have strong opinions about things but that's all a bit OTT really.
If nobody likes what other do, then they should just stop reading about it and bugger off.

Hopefully i can say this on here and the moderators don't mind, but I just read that post on pistonheads and 'Jordon' and his buddies are obviously complete TWATS!!! I'm not into slagging people off but what he said is uncalled for.

Further more he claims to be American, so that says a lot in itself, I wonder if he can drive round corners, let alone on a track! ;) I do have American friends who would agree with me on that one. He's probably one if these guys that think he knows alot more than he actually does, especially about race car aerodynamics, and because he neither has the intelligence, skill or remote amount of ability to attempt anything like scubasteve has done, and he feels the need to take the piss to make up for it! If he doesn't like it, fair enough but have some manners and grow up!

I hope scubasteve hasn't left the site because of those idiots, would be a shame as he did a lot of good work, a lot if which I have done too. Besides, half the fun is actually mucking about with the Puma on a Sunday afternoon, I know I do, that's a real petrol head.

That's my tuppence worth, oh and if 'Jordon' reads this and is offended by being called a complete TWAT, and thats putting it politely, I apologies ;)

Most of the pics are now dead links, think the piston heads lot were the final nail in the coffin, I had opinions on this car and build but never doubted the amount of time and effort that went into it

It's a real shame and thats one reason there is so many good projects and events going on without people's knowledge.

The internet is a cruel place :(.

Scubasteves erm how shall I put it "unique" I'm sure hes not to bothered by peoples comments :lol:
As for the project thread its one of the best and most interesting I have come across, gave me quite a few good ideas for my project :eek:k:

Same... I would often steal his ideas and use them for my own car, it's a shame that a few can ruin it for the majority but car forums are probably one of the worst places on the Internet. Especially piston heads, it's a dangerous place to post on there! I've been posting on there a few years now and some if the stuff they can dig up about someone the take a dislike to is unreal.

I read some proper disrespectful posts on a forum about one of the best & fastest pumas on this forum, and it's owner, but I chose not to bring it up as I weren't sure how he would take it. But I'm pretty sure Steve wouldn't be phased by those posts, in fact I reckon he likes stuff like that, it would drive him. He's got thicker skin then that, he's more likely to have been arrested for exposing himself to nuns!! That's more like his character!!

Back