Project Silver, PIC HEAVY

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh...thank 'f' for that. Wasn't sure at all as the movement/creaking was what flagged up the problem in the first place but now it's very little with no creaking.

Thanks again mate :eek:k:

Still contemplating the adjustable mounts though but seeing a mate to see if he can CNC them off the CAD drawings I do.

i did also investiage alloymounts, but the place that used to do them has now shut up shop, pumabuild were meant to be getting back to me about them but havent, and pumaspeed just sounded baffled like he'd never heard of a solid top mount!

You mean adjustable aluminium ones or just solid aluminium replicas of the rubber ones? Not sure the latter would work as they would probably wear with the movement over time plus trying to get some to exactly fit under the turret would be nigh on impossible. Although smaller ones could be bolted to the turret itself but might as well go the whole hog and have them adjustable for the additional expense.

the guy there always sounds a bit dumb when i ring up, im not sure they really do know a great deal tbh

Don't mention puma ****** -or you will start me off swearing and cursing about them ....... :roll:

Steve did you get your other willow caliper yet?

What the puma ***** bit edited it there both as bad as each other

nah i meant the willow caliper lol, wilwood, yeah its arrived anyway so fingers crossed all together tonight!

lol that just proves I am a dumb dumb :grin: ..... willow that is a type if tree? Guess you must be eager to drive the car again with the new parts..

Brakes are on :D and jesus christ they are absolutely fucking fantastic, words cannot describe how brilliant they are, best mod iv done yet by far!

some pics fitting

bracket on with some custom spacers courtesy of lee, cheers lee :thumbs:

P1040871.JPG

disc on

P1040874.JPG

spacer on

P1040876.JPG

greased back of pads

P1040877.JPG

caliper on

P1040882.JPG

these are 'smart pads' they slot in the top meaning when you need to change you dont have to take the caliper off

P1040878.JPG

P1040879.JPG

then they are retained by this bolt and pin

P1040880.JPG

P1040883.JPG

P1040884.JPG

sneaky pic

P1040886.JPG

sorry havent had time to clean the filthy wheels etc

Nice frikin brakes my man! How do they feel? The 4 pots are awesome so I can only imagine the stopping power your gonna have.

Lol they are unbelievably good, bedded them in felt like my organs were trying to escape my body

Looks really good mate. I'm totally jelous of your brakes. The fast road pads I had were fine till they wore down a bit then I started getting brake fade and imbalance on track days. I'm now on ebc yellow stuff race pads which they say arent for road use really but the brakes are so much better than standard their still really good cold. Once their hot, oh my god. Just a thought for the future mate.

Wilwood ones, haven't a clue of the proper name , the kit is surprisingly cheap 539 for the calipers and brsckets

Back