Random

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.. yesterday started practising motorcycle servicing on my brothers R1..

.. we removed the fairings, changed the oil..

33416095635_539ddf160e_b.jpg

then we flushed the coolant out, removed the coolant bottle, radiator, and the full exhaust system.

33375775306_17c4d50845_b.jpg

And this is how we've left it :lol:

My 2016 transit lwb minibus has started howling like a demon......sometimes...then it goes silent for ages, ie when the mechanic is trying to find the cause! not wheel bearing (wrong noise and unaffected by steering) not engine related as revs etc are irrelevant, can happen at any speed in any gear
Sounds as though I am being persued by ghosts/demons, prop shaft bearings maybe? any ideas guys before our mechanic goes off for two weeks

Reading through old 'Other Cars' threads. Ahhh, the memories :)

(Also, back in the days when the forum was far busier,)

How does a puma purr. 10 minutes of relaxation with Messi
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxo2kknY4ek[/youtube]

Hello everyone. Remember me?

Anyhow, just checking in (just over a year since my last post in this thread!)

Christopher? Christopher who? :lol:

Hope you're all doing well through this period....and more importantly, staying safe.

I'm astounded and frankly disgusted at how many people I see flouting the social distancing/lockdown rules in just my road alone. And this in an area with relatively low cases in comparison to other regions. The comings and goings have barely decreased while I and the majority of my neighbours have rarely left their house in weeks. My poor neighbours next door, both over 90 are really struggling as they used to go out daily. It must be torture for them. I rarely go out so little change for me but still a worry.

I guess 1000 deaths a day isn't enough for some people to get the message - until it happens to someone close to them, or themselves, then I guess it's not really happening :?

My poor neighbour lost his wife last month - she just died having a nap while cuddling up to him on the sofa. Poor fellow was & still is completely devastated. It was heartbreaking just talking to him as it was obvious he was struggling like hell. Married for 71 years, together for 74, for goodness sake - I could never imagine that kind of loss. The only solace I can think of is the love they still had for each other was clear to see everytime I saw them together.

Sorry for such a sombre note but thought it was worth sharing. A touching story in a selfish uncaring world! :-(

Hi Neil, not much here.

Yip, that's a great story of a long companionship, I know it's a hard loss for him, but also, what better way to go than at home cuddled up to your life partner. :wub:

zinc2000 said:
My 2016 transit lwb minibus has started howling like a demon......sometimes...then it goes silent for ages, ie when the mechanic is trying to find the cause! not wheel bearing (wrong noise and unaffected by steering) not engine related as revs etc are irrelevant, can happen at any speed in any gear
Sounds as though I am being persued by ghosts/demons, prop shaft bearings maybe? any ideas guys before our mechanic goes off for two weeks

So what was the cause of the noise last December. I have heard that there is a weakness in the Transits rear axle bearings?

Hi Neil .
What's your latest mode of transport, as I recall you liked to swap your cars out fairly regularly?

Back