screen washers not working!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherwass

Just wondered if anyone could make suggestions before I start probing deeper. My wipers work fine but there is no wash coming through or the noise you hear when it works, just the wipers - and yes I do have wash in the bottle!

I'm guessing it could be a fuse?? any suggestions welcomed.

:D

Maybe the connector has come off the motor? It's behind the arch lining on the drivers side front wheel:

[albumimg]819[/albumimg]

Other than that, a fuse would be my 1st bet.

if you cant hear the motor running, then as Dal says check is connected ok.

Check the fuses. then its out with a volt meter see if its getting power

My rear one hasnt worked for months, i suspect the nozzle is blocked with polish or something.

cherwass said:
My wipers work fine but there is no wash coming through or the noise you hear when it works, just the wipers - and yes I do have wash in the bottle!

If it were blocked you would still have the noise of the pump.

Thanks for the advice I will have a look at the arch and fuses. There is definately no blockage at the nozzle and deffo no sound so I will take that route. Will let you know how I get on.

Ok. You all know how strange I am, apparently so is Poomy! Got in today (after having tried the washer a few times cos I haven't had a chance to take the fuses out and the wheel off to check for the washer motor) and it worked!!!! So now what do we think?? Can't be a fust cos it works. Is it more likely to be a loose connection in the wheel area or something else???

Thanks in advance

Loose / dodgy connector on the washer bottle side.

Or

Your wash / wipe stalk needs a clean? Use switch cleaner sprayed down inside it and rotate & push the end to clean it up. (Much in the same was as the lighting one when that goes)

Don't use WD40 as that isn't a switch cleaner and some people will get all upset if you use it as a switch cleaner, even though it can work as such, but don't.

;)

Anything like this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/free_uk_deliver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... _27515.htm

Back