Steavies little ripper!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torque restrictor is the bottom engine / gearbox mount, above.

Steavie - don't need to change any pullies for FRP cams.

what exactly has to be done to the torque restrictor

i might just take another trip to pumabuild and let them work their magic

nothing, but they wear out and allow excess engine movement. When you have an exhaust with a flexi, this isn't a problem, but when you don't, and the only thing to absorb the movement is a sprung mount, you do have a problem.

Steavie - you have fitted sprung bolts after the manifold haven't you? You need these to absorb any movement. While it should be ok without, on mine one of the bolts fell out, and that was just over 50 miles of motorway driving.

maybe that was just a problem with yours doesnt necessary mean it will happen to others think i will let pumabuild advise me on whats best but thanks for the knowledge

do you have a protech manifold?

They are a rubber component, they wear. They are designed for use in an exhaust with a flexi, hence the FRP had an uprated item. Excessive engine movement will put undue stress on the manifold flange. This is all just simple physics. And no, I didn't have a Protek, I had a Milltek, but the design is the same on all of them, as all are just s/s copies of the original FRP manifold, of varying quality.

Now I have a different manifold, I have a Milltek EVO, which is sleeved and has a flexi section, meaning that engine movement is less of an issue, but I chose to replace the torque restrictor anyway as it was worn and allowing excess movement. This was on an 8 yr old car which had done around 75k miles.

like this with the flexi bit

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.jsp?productID=324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what cat do you have?

I have the full Milltek EVO system, mani, sport cat, mid pipe and rear box, it is all detailed in my project thread. Meanwhile you are spamming Stevie's thread.

steavie already had a stainless fitted to his original manifold so i will probably fit mine in the same way hes done

haha! you been havin a nice chat while i been away! lol! flash is right i changed the torque restrictor to reduce engine movement.
i havent fitted springs on the bolts but i will be doin so as i lost a bolt just driving home wow that was a loud drive to work! you dont need a pulley?? i thought i would after readin the write up in fast ford! o well that saved £100 quid cheers! i really dont know what exhaust i have?!
but i do have a cool engine cover!!!!
06052010274.jpg

and i hit 11,111!
07052010275.jpg

think im gonna go in to work now still got lots to do for next weekend lets just hope we get the weather!

How difficult was this?

I ned to do the one im getting off you in Black with Yellow writing

it was quite easy to spray it i preped it and sprayed it about 5/6 coats the really get the orange to come out!

just back in from work! got my steel brake lines fitted sparco pedals and even brought and collect a FRP carbon splitter! was a dam good night! i was just gonna sit around and eat ice cream as well! lol!

09052010276.jpg

09052010277.jpg

09052010279.jpg

09052010280.jpg

09052010281.jpg

09052010282.jpg

is there a guide on how to fit the front splitter any where?? also do i need the brackets???

There is a guide knocking about, either on here or on Pumapeople. You do need some brackets, but I don't think you need the FRP brackets.

does the pedal feel any harder with those brake hoses fitted pumabuild advised me not to fit mine because they can easliy split or come loose because of how tight and rigid they are and someone has just posted a thread a coulpe days ago about his shredding be careful when putting steering on full lock

split??? there steel brake hoses if it split must have been a doggy one! mine are fine on the steering already checked that! pedal feels much harder and hardly moves for the brakes to kick in now really liking them havent taken it out for a dam good thrash yet but will do! not gonna drive it till friday now=( too busy fixing other peoples car for a change!

might even have front splitter and racing cams fitted for sunday!

Back