1.7 track car project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Blaine, just been reading Scotts thread and have to agree, all the track car threads make the Puma an excellent choice

Nice work mate. The TR1's are a popular choice here.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of the graphics!

they are cheap at £150 for a set of 4. The Pumesta runs Goodyear Eagle F1's, the type before they switched to the asymetric new style and they were awesome, but still want some Federal RSR semi slicks for the summer track days

Looking good mate! Hopefully get to see it in the flesh on the track one day! :grin:

Thanks BigAl, hopefully you will, we are planning to do quite a few this year as we are diverting a bit of funding towards track days and shows, hoping to do the Ford Fair and Trax this year.

Been looking at all the track day calendars and there are far less weekends on this year than previously so we will be doing a few midweek ones for a change.

Anyway, this weekends work was a full set of new Mintex brakes front and rear including discs and welded up some spots on the passenger floor. Brakes feel much better now

well considering the fact that we dedicate Saturdays to our track cars, we didn't get much done today as we were rudely interupted by a string of customers just calling in ...

However I did manage to put a couple of graphics on, still got quite a few more left

March 15th Oulton Park is its debut, and we will be attending Ford Fair with track time at Silverstone in August...other track days are being planned in between and by the looks of Javelin and MSv's calendars may have to be midweek ones so will need some careful planning around the business

Toyo T1R's fitted today, gives me a week or so to get them scrubbed ready for Oulton

Well its the debut for the Puma tomorrow - trackday at Oulton Park. It will be joined by the trusty Pumesta and two Honda Civic type R's.

Spent the whole day prepping both cars and getting ready for a full days hard driving, feel a bit like a kid on christmas eve, haven't been on track since Silverstone last September

Prepare to be video and photobombed tomorrow lol

Just back from a truly awesome day at Oulton Park. The car was set up perfectly and was totally faultless all day - did 150 track miles plus 150 to track and back. Heres some pics...The Puma engined Fiesta was great as well, very evenly matched so good er...racing....

absolutely awesome - best track I've driven. You can really get a rhythm going and its 3rd and 4th rather than 2nd and 3rd at tracks like Cadwell.

The car trail brakes superbly, had the instructor in my car and he said it was set up perfectly for trail braking, he absolutely loved the car and kept coming back to chat to me about it and the new Puma cup series. He used to race in the German Puma cup

brake hard as normal before the corner but keep the brake on as you turn in, this shifts the weight onto the front wheels and makes the back end step out a bit meaning you have less turning to do at the front wheels - plant you foot on the accelerator and you drive through the corner much faster plus more grip as the weight has shifted to the front of the car.

This different to the normal thinking of doing all the braking in a straight line. With the Puma it does it perfectly and actually tells you its d one it and when its time to accelerate, its a feeling I cant really describe but you dont feel out of control, in fact you feel more in control and the more you do it the more confident in your car you get and the faster you lap.

Ah, shifting weight on turn in, then? Same as driving on gravel, snow or ice (on ice and snow it is often THE ONLY way to turn into a curve)..
Thanks for clarification!

Back