BBC confirm - Chris Evans to be new Top Gear presenter

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to old stig (Ben Collins), they told him to walk differently so the guests wouldn't recognise him when he's not 'stigged up'

Rebecca Jackson needs the job

http://youtu.be/dDVZMm_HNco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wub:

Chris Harris would be a good choice too.

Or Amy McDonald who did Star in a Reasonably Priced Car. Purely for her passion for cars you understand...

For the male presenters, Chris Harris would be good but I find him a little wooden, a bit TG from 1989. Guy Martin though would be awesome

Rebecca Jackson was a co-presenter on a show called 'I want that car'. I did mention her to Dal the other day when we were talking about it.

Chris Harris used to work for Autocar, I think, he has his own channel on Youtube "Chris Harris on cars" and he also turns up at celebrity races such as at Goodwood.

I think the biggest challenge no matter who the presenters are, will be making it a "new" show so that they cannot be compared with the 3 boys all the time.
Chris may be good but personally I find him too hyper at times, will wait and see how he does, producers may have a problem reining him in.

It would also be nice if they include some classic content which does not involve classics being trashed for the hell of it.

Really depends whether or not they opt for a "motoring" show or an entertainment show as before.

As for a female presenter, why not just as long as they know their stuff and can drive properly.

zinc2000 said:
Chris may be good but personally I find him too hyper at times, will wait and see how he does, producers may have a problem reining him in.
That might prove a bit of a problem as I understand that he will also be producing it as well.

The idea of a personality based programme with '3 mates, doing what mates do' was a good one and obviously needs a behind the scenes sense of equality between them for it to work on air. I confess I only used to watch TG once in a blue moon, but thought it worked pretty well, especially, their overseas trips. Amusing link for no good reason - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuO-8S_0Wg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quite how they plan to replicate anything like that with a guy like Chris Evans, who has spent the last 20 years impersonating the instantly changing temperament of this guy behind the scenes, I don't know - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tCiOux9CYU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The co-presenters being terrified of upsetting the main presenter is not going to have quite the same feel to it, is it?

Still, be interesting to see how it all pans out, meanwhile I'll be dipping in and out of Wheelers Dealers for my car amusement. The ever optimistic Edd China makes me laugh and in fairness he does get results. I've actually learnt a few things as well.

It won't last. They won't even get 10% of the viewers they had before. Some people may not of liked the trio but you cannot argue they were a very entertaining team with fantastic chemistry. (well you can if you're a little boring)

Just tweeted by CE:

Code:
Chris Evans ‏@achrisevans  8s8 seconds ago
TFi Friday is indeed coming back for a short but perfectly formed run of eight shows pre Christmas. Tx dates soon .Plus audience information

Looks like he's going to be a busy bunny.

Maybe because he doesn't hold stereotypical name calling prejudices?

:roll:

Dal said:
Maybe because he doesn't hold stereotypical name calling prejudices?

:roll:
Then again, maybe not.
Fat lookalikes – People who looked like fat versions of celebrities which was then followed in later series by Asian lookalikes
What Does the Fat Bloke Do? – An overweight man was invited on set and asked about his occupation, before dancing and leaving
Comment from the Cafe – Evans would rope in Cedric (the proprietor of a local eatery) to perform various embarrassing skits. Cedric became famous for his catchphrase "Hellooooooooo!" and wooden acting
Ugly Blokes – Unattractive gentlemen would have the opportunity to turn down the amorous advances of a 'gorgeous girl' (Catalina Guirado). A photo of footballer Peter Beardsley was shown during the 'Ugly Bloke' theme tune

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFI_Friday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

facepalm.gif

Latest posts

Back