BBC confirm - Chris Evans to be new Top Gear presenter

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[rude_head]

Maybe the same reasons why the pube haired self centred bigot that is Jeremy Clarkson was / is popular?

[/rude_head]

I am surprised why the very knowledgeable car enthusiast , talented racing driver and he is always rather amusing too; wasn't considered as a member of the new top gear team? I am of course referring to Rowan Atkinson CBE.

If you refer to a previous episode of TG when he appeared, I seem to recall he was either the or almost the quickest driver in "Star In The Reasonably priced car".

Chris Evan's is very irritating to so many people, he won't last for long on TG, as the viewings will plummet!

Suzi Perry, would be suitable for a motorbike show , but not TG.

It would be good to include Vicky Butler Henderson or even Penny Mallory ( both are car enthusiasts and are competent drivers).

I used to watch the original Top Gear shows, Chris Goffey, William Woodard etc. Now I am not suggesting for them to be presenters again, but the format of TG back then was preferred, as it was far more technically informative. That combined with a part of the show allocated to unusual classics from the 50's- 70's , would make it very watchable.

I would not want to see any more features on E- Types, Aston Martins etc , they have been covered so many times already!

Unusual classics with motorsport heritage such as:
1950's Lancia Aurelia GT, 1970's Toyota Celica 1600 GT , Datsun 240Z, Mazda RX3, Talbot Sunbeam Lotus etc would be rather interesting. :thumbs:

Clarkson, Hammond & May's format will most likely reappear from April next year, unchanged . Which is fine, we can watch them on their new channel .However the BBC need to seriously have a rethink on their Programme format, and not replicate the team of 3 above's format.

Evans' has a reliable track record for producing and hosting. He's a known quantity. As much as Atkinson is an enthusiast, he's an actor, not a host.

Apparently Sabine Schmitz, Chris Harris and David Coulthard are the presenters along with Evans.

:|

Looking at this as an outsider, I mean, from a different country that shows endless runs of Top Gear dubbed into Spanish, I guess that it is going to lose a lot of the international following.

I think that TG was a big hit in none English speaking countries due to the crazy things that happened on the show. I don't know Chris Harris (well, except for reading some articles if it is who I am thinking of), but I can't see Coulthard and Schmitz racing DIY motorhomes accross the country, or many of the other things that the "trio" did.

I like cars, and obviously find car programmes interesting, but the majority of people who don't live in the UK would not be interested in how many MPG you can get out of a Ford Focus in Wales ;) This is the main reason for shows like Fifth Gear not being popular over here.

Personally I'd far rather watch a show with the emphasis on the cars (and even mainstream cars people can actually afford) and not 3 self absorbed idiots pratting about.

We'll see.

Find Evans quite irritating.Chris Harris is a very good ,enthusiastic motoring journalist.Done a couple of trackdays with him and he pedals any car very quickly.Trouble is he may not appeal to the general public as his style is rather cut and dry.we will see.....

An example ;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htI3weS49cc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately I don't think the average TG viewer will like his direct style unlike the three stooges who always had that predictable brain numbing stupid WHOA! every time they pushed a throttle pedal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3379926/Chris-Evans-Gear-crisis-Car-hit-meddling-bosses-crashes-overstretched-host-key-staff-quitting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All going well, I see. :)

Pity about the 3 new co-presenters, as they are not bad. But I reckon they'll all end up as collateral damage and Chris Harris will take up holy orders and join a monastery after his experiences with Evans on that show.

Top Gear's Chris Evans Got Carsick With Sabine Schmitz In An Audi R8

CZFs_muUsAEmwTQ.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/top-gears-chris-evans-got-carsick-with-sabine-schmitz-i-1753737533?rev=1453213115977

*snigger*

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/matt-leblanc-joins-top-gear

Ladies and gentlemen, please be upstanding for your new Top Gear host… Mr Matt LeBlanc!

Yes, the fastest-ever Star in a Reasonably Priced Car – he famously set an as-yet unbeaten lap time of 1m 42.1s in the Kia cee’d – will join Chris Evans when the new series premieres in May.

“As a car nut and a massive fan of Top Gear, I’m honoured and excited to be a part of this iconic show’s new chapter,” said Matt. “What a thrill!”

Chris Evans said of his new TG presenter: “Matt’s a lifelong fellow petrolhead and I’m thrilled he’s joining Top Gear. Acting out our craziest car notions on screen is a dream job and I know we’ll both be debating some epic road trip ideas.

“We can’t wait to share what we’ve been up to on screen later this year,” he added.

Dal said:
[post]346231[/post] http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/matt-leblanc-joins-top-gear

*sigh* who they going to get next, Vanessa Feltz or someone? It's a car show, not this

I don't know, I think he's a decent choice as I can sort of see where he'll fit in personality wise. He's certainly a more convincing actor than James May was and let's be honest, Top gear was 90 per cent acting by the end.

Latest posts

Back