BBC confirm - Chris Evans to be new Top Gear presenter

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actor, American, who knows if he is actually funny, or if he needs a prompt.,and a script like Evans seems to .It's going to be hard to bet the old chemistry.

When May & Hammond joined back in 2002 I thought they were a pair of numpties and was sceptical about if it would be any good. It was - sometimes - despite them still being numpties and the banter was funny at times.

I'm prepared to give these new presenters a chance as no one has any idea if the banter won't be just as good, better or worse. I'm inclined to think it may be the latter as Evans lost his charm years ago but who knows.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3433998/Ex-F1-boss-Eddie-Jordan-set-named-Gear-host-FIVE-person-presenting-team-including-Chris-Evans-Matt-LeBlanc.html

Ladies and gentlemen, please be upstanding for your new Top Gear host… Mr Eddie-Jordan!

“As a car nut and a massive fan of Top Gear, I’m honoured and excited to be a part of this iconic show’s new chapter,” said Eddie. “What a thrill!”

Chris Evans said of his new TG presenter: “Eddie’s a lifelong fellow petrolhead and I’m thrilled he’s joining Top Gear. Acting out our craziest car notions on screen is a dream job and I know we’ll both be debating some epic road trip ideas.

“We can’t wait to share what we’ve been up to on screen later this year,” he added.

I'll go back to watching Wheeler Dealers now, with Edd 'Stone Chip' China. :)

Just spotted that latest gossip about Eddie Jordan. I don't care how good the others may gel and how good the banter may be. I won't be watching any show with Jordan in it as he's a bigger numpty than any other person I can think of....and there's plenty.

That old fart shouldn't be anywhere near a microphone or camera, a complete idiot. How the hell he ran a F1 team I don't know as he can't seem to put together half a dozen words!!

tg_-line-up_maincloser_af1.jpg

We are very proud to announce that racing driver Sabine Schmitz, YouTube star Chris Harris, F1 pundit Eddie Jordan and motoring journalist Rory Reid will join Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc and of course, The Stig, when the show returns in May.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/meet-your-new-top-gear-presenters

Chris Harris :thumbs:

Everyone else :(

Screw that, I'm not watching it with that dick Eddie Jordan.

Be sure to look at the reader's reaction stuff lower down :) -
http://www.buzzfeed.com/matthewchampion/top-gear-is-going-to-have-7-presenters-but-only-one-woman

“We really do have a bit of everything for everyone,” said Evans
Well, if you're casting by archetype formula, like an American sitcom, and diversity then there would be - http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/matriarch-patriarch-craftsman-clown#.eqQEMOKna

Still plenty of time until May, so watch out for the 'overweight Chinese woman with the quirky, but insightful views on the world of cars' to join. :p

I'm actually quite looking forward to it. I'll just go and make a cup of tea or something when Eddie Jordan is on.

steplce said:
[post]349596[/post] any idea when its coming to amazon

No official date for the show's launch has been made yet, but it will definitely arrive at some point in 2016, probably in the autumn.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/top-gear/feature/a661484/top-gear-amazon-prime-jeremy-clarkson-richard-hammond-and-james-may-new-show-name-start-date/

I can't really put my feelings in to words, having spent the last hour of my sad life watching that excuse, for getting rid of the BBC2 best presenters, :'( :'( :'( So can any one give me advise on the values of Amazon prime.

I thought it was alright to be honest. It was wooden but then it's their first crack at it. Matt LeChubb was occasionally awkward and occasionally charming and Sabine swore a lot. The races and challenges were clearly staged, so much like the old Top Gear. The Star in a car feature was a decent change being a Rally X track.

Basically it was OK. I'll give it another chance.

tuonokid said:
[post]352513[/post] I forgot it was on, was it really crap?
Barry
No, it was worse than that. That Matt le Blanc guy (never seen him before as I don't watch US sitcoms) was not bad, but everything else was awful.

Chris Evans's presenting style was 25 years out of date - remember Noel's House Party, Michael Barrymore, etc? - it was that shouty, wacky, running about stuff. He came across as very tense with a pretty loathsome personality. Audience were very tense as well.

I was never a huge fan of the old Top Gear and only watched it a few times a year, but this was far, far worse. Much worse than I expected and all very tense. Car shows must be hard to do or something, I watched that Fifth Gear a week or two back - OK, but pretty dull.

Back to Edd China + short, round guy and ErictheCarGuy (Youtoob) for me. :)

Latest posts

Back