Beware this car Beware this seller Do not buy it

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the USS Millenniums 7 year voyage home through adversity and strife the Borg the Hirogen species 8472 errm oh hang on wrong story :-D

Well,

I have actually seen it..........

From a distance and partially obscured by another car - Industrial estate, haulage company, access controlled car park unfortunately.

It's for reasons like this I always insist on viewing a car before I place a bid on it...even if I am just bidding on it for the parts... I spend £4 on a history check as well..

In this case.... I'd be asking for my money back, reporting them and hoping they get what's coming to them... not worth the stress or hassle pursuing it any further.

Will be interesting to see what happens though :eek:k:

Ok then hun, your not about to like what I say but the sad fact is that it's pretty obvious that the seller does not want to sell it for the price you bid. And you definitely don't want to take it without the paperwork, keys etc as your in for a huge expense so I can only see 3 courses of action,
1) walk away and get a refund, chalk it up to experience, sleep snug in the knowledge that it was probably a dodgy motor ( I know I have a soft spot for millies too!
2) get someone to contact the seller, go along with them as 'the friend', don't mention anything about ebay etc, give the car a thorough once over, test drive etc, then if you like it haggle a price, if you can come to one that you are both happy with then hand over the balance between the price you paid on ebay and the rest, explain the situation with a 'If you had only said you needed more money we could have sorted something out'....and don't forget to smile. I know this goes against principle but if you really want it..... On the other hand if it turns out to be a shed you can walk away and as soon as you get in your car get on the phone to pay pal, not mentioning that you have seen it just that you would like a refund as you obviously will not be receiving your goods. This may however be tricky as you have already left bad feedback!
3) do as 2, don't mention ebay at all, just get a price you would be happy with or walk, keep the ebay thing completely separate and just get your money back from them (to be honest this would probably be my preferred option then at least you have the money back).
Best of British, please deep breath, calm place, Oh and Yvonne you said you were keeping your puma for me in 4 years time! :wink:
Edit; sorry just read post through, perhaps not for a test drive then! Shame the body work looks to be in good nick.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-X-FORD-PUMA-1-7-BLACK-LEATHER-BREAKING-FOR-SPARES-/380807837813?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item58a9ea7875" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There you go !

Having recieved some info and having the car checked for being stolen I have now payed for the car.

It would have been payed for on the day of sale if the seller hadnt behaved so oddly when I asked for vehicle docs etc.

I have given DVLA and West Yorkshire police every opportunity to tell me if there was a problem with the car.

I have given the seller every oportunity to let me have it and been ultra polite in the face of their nonsense insults and threats.

I now feel that I am in a much stronger legal and practical position. It does seem that the real world still has some way to go in dealing with internet based legal issues, I think it would be more easily dealt with if it had been a local car auctioneers. Theres so many cowards hiding on the internet who wouldnt dare behave they way they do if they were in front of you.

I'll be back

Because initially the seller went weird and refused to let me see the docs prior to payment it gave the impression of something dodgy, as did an advert for the same car appearing in pre loved and listed as being in Northampton an not Wakefield.

After checking as best as I can its not stolen etc and probably almost certainly knowing where it is and who she is and where she likely works I decided to make the payment which would be a requisite at some point prior to further action anyway.

If I dont get the item theres the chance of a paypal refund. However she will probably try and bounce the money back to me as you say. This would seem to be a university educated lady not some chav by the way.

This matter is entirely about the principle and not the money. The car was on Gumtree for £400 and on preloved as offers before I had the adverts pulled. I won it for £100

The seller continues to refuse to let me have the car, claims its been scrappped and threatens to report me for harrassment.

I am sure you are keeping all the evidence including screenshots of the various ads etc!

it will be interesting if she does claim you are harassing her once you have made payment...!

Harassment??

I think she'll find it's called 'Chasing up something you've paid for and don't have!' :roll:

quest63 said:
The car was on Gumtree for £400 and on preloved as offers before I had the adverts pulled. I won it for £100
Flippin eck! Someone recently paid £126 for a pair of FRP mats :grin:

Back