*CHAT THREAD* Ford Fair, Silverstone 3rd August 2008

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff. :D Looking forward to receiving your payments.

Certainly there will be no them and us, because we are all Italians this time. ;) I hope everyone enters into the spirit of this meet and we can have a fun time. :D

I won't be at the pre-meet point or have my car on stand, but I will be along later to chill out with everyone.

Cherie will proudly be displaying her Millennium for all the world to see.

:D

I'll be coming to this as well the monies in the post for me ticket.
Umm did someone mention show plates. Wouldn't mind a pair of those if the Italians don't mind them being used on their stand. :-D

All cars on the stand will display a Puma Club Italia show plate. The main branding of the stand will follow a similar scheme. Guest Puma groups (RPOC, Project Puma, Pumapeople) attending the stand will be allowed to display a single club banner each, in addition to the Puma Club Italia one.

The only trouble with that is we haven't got a ProjectPuma banner at present, nor the funds to get one made, as they're not cheap. (Unless anyone has any suggestions) so the ProjectPuma identity is going to be swallowed by Puma Club Italia unless some of us use our ProjectPuma show plates.

I'm all for a unified front, but I think we need some suggestions as to how we can get around this.

Hmm failing project puma plates being allowed is there still time for me to get a site shirt, glad I didn't have to say that, sorted out.
Have we any idea of a price for a banner? maybe there's be enough willing to chip in for it. Would be a bit daft for so many of us to go and no one else know we'd been there.

Magyrato said:
Hmm failing project puma plates being allowed is there still time for me to get a site shirt, glad I didn't have to say that, sorted out.
The thread for info on the polo shirts is here: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=1270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm trying to gauge interest on standard t-shirts here: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=18313#18313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but had nothing back from anyone so far.

Magyrato said:
Have we any idea of a price for a banner? maybe there's be enough willing to chip in for it. Would be a bit daft for so many of us to go and no one else know we'd been there.
Not as yet, it's something we've got to look into, and if we're going to get something, we're going to have to get it sorted very quickly.

Cherie said:
The only trouble with that is we haven't got a ProjectPuma banner at present, nor the funds to get one made, as they're not cheap. (Unless anyone has any suggestions) so the ProjectPuma identity is going to be swallowed by Puma Club Italia unless some of us use our ProjectPuma show plates.

Cherie, I'm fair and will say if you don't have a banner, then I won't allow either the RPOC or Pumapeople to be shown too in that case. I'm paying for a simple Puma Club Italia one to be made up, along with the plate covers.

Obviously, I can't control what folk want to wear, but as explained from the start the overall branding of the stand is of the neutral Italian Puma group. I'm afraid I cannot allow a situation to occur where with identity of any other group is promoted to a excessive amount. I'm keen for everyone to have this common image on the display, to avoid the divisions we have been discussing since the start of the year.

Since I've taken over the running of the stand, I've tried to be quite radical in my thinking to make Ford Fair an event we can all enjoy. Wearing my Pumapeople hat, I've had convince several people why I want to write-off Ford Fair as any sort of promotional event in order to allow an open and non-biased combined display. I attempted to show his level of goodwill to allow for what's important, our friends and the Puma, to take the priority on this display. :D

Thanks for your level handed approach to this Chris. It's the people that are the crux of meets in my opinion, and we're all friends when the different forums are removed at the end of the day.

:)

But if we're not promoting any particular website, which I think is a good thing for the puma brand, will people need to peel off their rear window URL stickers?

Again, I'm trying to continue to take this 'fair' approach to the situation. I'm happy with the usual url sitckers, etc from whoever on the Puma's, but I couldn't allow a situation where someone turned up with a url in big 12" pink letters down the side of the car!! :D :D :D

We are all adults and I know that none of us will do anything on the day to spoil things. As I said before, the priority for me is to have everyone together and have a fun day, with an Italian twist. I can trust you to join in with the spirit of this and hope to see plenty of Italian themed items being brought along!! :D :D :D

R5CPD said:
but I couldn't allow a situation where someone turned up with a url in big 12" pink letters down the side of the car!! :D :D :D
Dink! Take note! :lol:

R5CPD said:
As I said before, the priority for me is to have everyone together and have a fun day, with an Italian twist. I can trust you to join in with the spirit of this and hope to see plenty of Italian themed items being brought along!! :D :D :D

I'm not driving, so I'm bringing the red wine! Might even bring a cornetto or 2 ;)

Latest posts

Back