Demelza Meet, Hertfordshire, Sunday 12th September 2010

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Our first visit to our Puma, Demelza, at Shepreth Wildlife Park Sunday 12th September 2010.

scan0001.jpg

Plan to meet at 11.30am for a 12 noon getaway at:

B&Q St. Neots : Priors Gate, Eaton Socon, St Neots, Cambridgeshire PE19 8EL‎
(Postcode not exact - see map, but you'll see B&Q anyway)

Google Map link >link<

We'll then drive the 15 or so miles to the park round some nice twisty roads which should be good.

Shepreth Wildlife Park, Station Road, Shepreth, Herts, SG8 6PZ

Google map link >here<

http://www.sheprethwildlifepark.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(See also the Demelza sponsorship thread >here< for more information)

Then visit the park for a few hours. I've had a word with the manager at Shepreth Wildlife park and have arranged for a senior keeper to at least give us a talk on Demelza and what they do in the park for conservation, research etc.

Haley - Manager @ Shepreth Widelife Park said:
Hi yes sunday is fine but it will be with Rebecca Animal Collections Manager is it possible to do this.. before 2pm.
Regards
Haley Kelly
Office Manager

Finishing up with a drive back up through the lanes to Hartford Marina for a meal (2 for 1 Pub).

Google Map link >here<

http://www.pub-explorer.com/cambs/pub/hartfordmill.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

millhousehuntingdon1_small.jpg

If you are a current sponsor of Demelza, then you are entitled to get the discount card for admission to the park. If you have this card, then remember to bring it! If you haven't got the card yet and are a Demelza sponsor, then send me your name and address and I'll get them to send you one out. You don't have to be a sponsor to come along though of course!

Don't worry if you forget your discount card, I've had a word:

Haley said:
Yes thats fine I will leave a note to say that you all have discount cards and that you may not have them on you, and that you are still entitled to the discounts.
Regards
Haley Kelly
Office Manager

Shepreth Wildlife Park

Put your name in this thread so I can update the list as well as if you have / need a sponsorship card etc. or see also the Demelza sponsorship thread >here< for more information.

Attendees:

1. Dal
2. Cherie
3. Red (tbc)
4. Martinthrapston
5. Neil
6. Michelle.Le?
7. Midnight Blue
8. Nippydee
9. Patch (Hopefully)
10. XIIVVX
11. MrPark3r
12. Pumapilot (definitely maybe)
13. Vortex (tbc)
14. Jacko (tbc)
15. taliabee
16. spike (tbc)
17. rapid_rupio (no meal after)
18. Hotrodspike (no meal after)
19. Benf (definite maybe)
20. Chardy (+gang)
21. MikePass

Oooo i'd love to do this as a surprise for my hubby's 40th!

Have I missed it or is there ticket prices?

Michelle.Le said:
Oooo i'd love to do this as a surprise for my hubby's 40th!

Have I missed it or is there ticket prices?

No tickets to buy in advance, just pay on the gate so to speak. Have a look at the link in the first post to the wildlife park for more info. If you're a Demelza sponsor here, then you get a discount to get in.
(Although I dare say if we turn up on mass and say "12 tickets please", then we'll all get in at the reduced rate, but please sponsor Demelza!)

EDIT: updated the first post with a message from the park saying we'll all get a discount whether we forget our cards or not. ;)

tbc for me too, might be away, might be able to get out of it!

pumapilot said:
I'll look for accomodation, but definaely maybe here.

There are two Premier Inns within yards of the meet point:
St Neots (Colmworth Park)
St Neots (A1/Wyboston)

The next nearest is:
Huntingdon (A1/A14)
This is about 6 miles from the end point of the meet.

me, me, me, me, please!! will sort my payment tomoz (presuming dosh comes thru - fingers crossed!) may have to go onto p'boro after (for 'special' party) but would dearly love to do the first part, if that's ok... :grin:

t xx

I;m going to the help the heroes concert the following day, so just thinking about logistics, esp as people from here, going on the sunday too.

I think i should be free that day should be up for it but may have to miss out on the meal part as think i gotta be back in Sussex for a bday party.

Latest posts

Back