FRP #0201

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
Just thought i'd post a few things about #0201 that i've done since I took ownership in January this year and give you a few photo's too! :cool:

So.. what have I done.. well in order:

January:

Bought #0201

February:

FRP centre section, CAT & back box (used but much improved on what I had)
Piper stainless steel 4 branch manifold
4 x Toyo T1-R
Cannon mud flaps
Tickford Conversion Stickers/Badges (numbered)
Bosch lambda sensor.

March:

NKG Platinum spark plugs

April:

Engine block replaced..

FRP cylinder head swapped onto the replacement block, parts used in the rebuild:

Engine (56k)
Head gasket
Inlet manifold gasket
Thermostat
Thermostat seal (x2)
Water pump
Camshaft seal (x3)
Timing belt kit
Auxiliary belt
Coolant (3.5l)
Transmission fluid (3l)
Oil and filter service

Then:

Front arb bushes
Rear axle bushes
NSF wheel bearing

(I'd just like to say a huge thank you to Chris at C.B.Autos for looking after #0201 and for all of his hard work. I've only had the car back a day and am very pleased, she seems to be running very well as I knew she would! More to come on this in the service section.)

I think that about does it for the list to date. All the aforementioned have been fitted.

Pictures:

The day I viewed #0201 before picking her up 2 days later:
DSCF1331.jpg

There was no parking left outside where I work so I found the most remote spot!
CIMG1167-1.jpg

#0201 with her older sibling #0165:
P3210186.jpg

This picture was taken shortly after being delivered to C.B.Autos:
engineonthefloor.jpg

Back home :grin:
CIMG1188.jpg

New mats (fitted with the twist lock parts to stop them moving):
CIMG1183.jpg

CIMG1180.jpg

Cannon mud flaps with Tickford Conversion badges:
CIMG1186.jpg

CIMG1185.jpg

CIMG1184.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed my waffle :grin:

She looks good mate :eek:k:

shame about the work thats had to go in but im sure shes better than ever now!! :D

Great to see and hear her back to herself yesterday mate, not seen such a big grin on your face since since you got her.
:thumbs:
Got anymore plans for her in the future?

what happened to the original engine mate? :0 glad there is still some people that still look after there frp. Keep up the good work. !)

Can't see the pictures, as I'm on a restricted work laptop, but I can't wait to see her at FITP :D

Neil... Matt isnt going to FITP... think hes in spain.... :(

The engine was a bit poorly.

Big end bearing failure; once stripped it was determined that the nikasil linings in the block were breaking down.

All fixed now though :)

And yes indeed Zara; i'm in Spain over FITP so it will have to wait until Chatsworth to come out and play :grin:

@Dal yeah it did make me very happy to have her back!

you seemed very happy yesterday when u were 'stretching' her legs!
glad u have her back now, shame u wont be at FITP.

ah rite. Well glad its all fixed now mate. must of felt great getting her back :)

yeager2004 said:
Looks great. Out of interest though, were you aware of the engine issues when you bought it?
Matt's had 201 for a little while now, with no prior indication that the engine was going to go pop. If the bottom end goes, it usually does so very quickly, and the usual culprit is a severe lack of oil at some point in it's life.

Guess that's one of the perils of buying a second hand car - still, not a lot of choice if you want a FRP!

At least now the work has been carried out (and assuming the work has been carried out to a high standard) you can be safe in the knowledge the engine's in A1 condition.

Yeah, as Cherie says really. Possibly my fault although i'd like to have thought not having owned a 1.7 for 2 years and having the knowledge that low oil kills these engines quickly.

I have no doubt the work was to a high standard, Chris at C.B.Autos is very good! Worked on my car as if it were his own i'm sure!

You run a risk buying any car really anyway Yeager, my mum got a brand new x-type 3 years ago and within 30days the turbo failed. She didn't see it again for another month.

:thumbs: :D :happee:

#0201 has just passed it's annual bill of health which means we are good for another year of happy motoring!

(I did get the exhaust swapped at lunch time prior to the test as the old FRP centre was blowing like a steam train)

#0201 is now sporting a S/S Miltek centre section and back box.

:drive:

Latest posts

Back