haGGard's Black Cat

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today i replaced my HCV as was leaking everywhere and found the reason why, take a look at this pic!

hcv.jpg

The plastic pipe was still inside the hose when i removed the HCV so i had to shatter it inside the hose and let all the small pieces fall out. Found the how-to guide on here very easy to follow though :wink:

Next i fitted some mud flaps. They are the same sparco ones that sparx has on his blue puma. I love the rally look mud flaps, but ive been a bit unsure of them on a puma. Still undecided but i'll give them a week or two before i change my mind and rip them off. Only pic i got is this at about 11:30 tonight

flaps.jpg

I'm all excited for tomorrow, as my car is going into Sanspeed (a reputable tuning garage down here) and they are fitting my Milltek manifold for me :grin: I've been waiting for this for ages and the day has finally arrived.

Will get a video of it when its fitted :grin:

Certainly gives it the rally look.

haGGard said:
Next i fitted some mud flaps. They are the same sparco ones that sparx has on his blue puma...

I think you might find that Sparx isn't a "he", but a "she" ;)

Dal said:

Really? :oops: I never knew.

Just for the topic of this thread, the car is STILL at the garage since 9:30am this morning! :evil: Apparently all they have to do now is extend the lambda. Really want it back tomorrow.

Edit, also forgot to mention, many thanks to 'hotrodspike' who posted my a chopped lambda sensor and didnt ask for a penny in return! :thumbs:

Heres the full system, are decats meant to be more smokey? It is a cold morning so theres bound to be some but theres quite a lot here :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8dAiP6pzGE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And just for comparison, heres a video of just the cat back section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ohn60_n2o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dal said:

haGGard said:
Next i fitted some mud flaps. They are the same sparco ones that sparx has on his blue puma...

haGGard said:

LOL!! Yes i am in fact a "she" don't worry though, i get that on a lot of forums .. i should really state that i'm female in my newbie post, i think its the way i've done my kat that makes people assume i'm a guy, but i'm not really a girly girl i really dont like all this pink and fluffy sh*t that alot of girls have in their cars :lol: and people also assume my puma belongs to my boyfriend! :roll:

Anyways... i know Sanspeed, i had a service done on my puma there once about 4 years ago. The exhuast does sound nice though and i like the flaps, good ol' rally look! Are you still thinking about having graphics done too?

Sparx said:
i really dont like all this pink and fluffy sh*t that alot of girls have in their cars :lol:

Ah tell me about it. I hate it when i see something like a corsa with a playboy bunny stickers all over it, with pink fluffy dice and steering wheel cover!

Sparx said:
i know Sanspeed, i had a service done on my puma there once about 4 years ago. The exhuast does sound nice though and i like the flaps, good ol' rally look! Are you still thinking about having graphics done too?

Yeah they did a good job on it, only used them once before to tune up my XR2 but i thought i'd go with them as they are a proper tuner garage and supply and fit milltek exhausts. There was a red puma parked up there actually when i dropped my car off, has a stainless pipe on it too.

I'm going to remove the flaps i think. I'm not 100% on them and i dont like anything that makes me think 'hmm' everytime i see them. They do make it stand out more which i like but i'm just not feeling them. Yeah im still thinking about the vinyl, but thats been put on the back burner for now while.

Had a good little blast in the puma tonight, the manifold and decat unlocks a fair amount of power. Could even get a bit of wheel spin in 3rd gear :eek:

Small update, removed the mud flaps, decided they dont really suit it. Much prefer the clean and sleek look. Also, a guy from 'Safe 'n' Sound' fitted a Toad alarm for me today. Hes off the ZSOC. Top marks to him, did a great job.

Does the alarm work with the original remote? Are the motion sensors discrete? Anything especially notable about it?

Alarm works with a seperate key fob. But thats ok because it does all the central locking and even the boot popping from that key fob. Internal sensors must be hidden well, i've not even noticed them myself but will check later where they are :lol: Also got the shock and tilt sensors installed. Very good piece of kit. Glad i got a toad instead of a clifford.

Another small update. My nearside rear drum brake went kaboom last night. Car is currently in the garage (again) Obviously 2010 is bringing me the same old bad luck with this car.

hopefully sorting out your rear brake hub will stop your clicking noise like it did mine when i had the sensor and abs ring replaced.

Got the car back yesterday, actually got a handbrake that works now! There is this hinge inside the drum which appilies the shoe, and its hinged with a rivet. Basicaly the rivet has broken off and the hinged part was ratteling around inside etc. So thats all sorted now, plus new (well needed) shoes in both sides.

Still got the clicking though :p

Took advantage of the sun today and gave it a wash and quick polish. Don't really 'do' polishing so not too bothered about the finish but its shiney in the right places so thats all im fussed about. Took a few pics while it was clean as a reminder of what it should look like in a few months time :lol:

DSC_4582Large.jpg

DSC_4584Large.jpg

DSC_4586Large.jpg

DSC_4588Large.jpg

DSC_4589Large.jpg

Sparx said:
Dal said:

haGGard said:

haGGard said:

LOL!! Yes i am in fact a "she" don't worry though, i get that on a lot of forums .. i should really state that i'm female in my newbie post, i think its the way i've done my kat that makes people assume i'm a guy, but i'm not really a girly girl i really dont like all this pink and fluffy sh*t that alot of girls have in their cars :lol: and people also assume my puma belongs to my boyfriend! :roll:

quote]

I get that alot too... when Im driving about guys have a double look when they drive past lol, pink and fluffy aint my scene at all.. its cheap, tacky and too girly lol!

haGGard said:
Took advantage of the sun today and gave it a wash and quick polish. Don't really 'do' polishing so not too bothered about the finish but its shiney in the right places so thats all im fussed about. Took a few pics while it was clean as a reminder of what it should look like in a few months time :lol:

DSC_4582Large.jpg

DSC_4584Large.jpg

DSC_4586Large.jpg

DSC_4588Large.jpg

DSC_4589Large.jpg

Looking good mate :D

Im in the middle of doing mine atm lol, got bored and thought well its sunny just got the turtle wax to put on now give it a quick go over

zarablackcoupe said:
I get that alot too... when Im driving about guys have a double look when they drive past lol, pink and fluffy aint my scene at all.. its cheap, tacky and too girly lol!

Ya huh! Same! lol
I was in halfords earlier, had to buy some new mudflaps as i ripped one off reversing up a kerb the other day, plus the old ones curl up where they're so old so they needed replacing... anyway, i passed all that pink sh*t they have in halfords and it made me cringe! haha!

zarablackcoupe said:
haGGard said:

DSC_4582Large.jpg

DSC_4584Large.jpg

DSC_4586Large.jpg

DSC_4588Large.jpg

DSC_4589Large.jpg

Looking good mate :D

Im in the middle of doing mine atm lol, got bored and thought well its sunny just got the turtle wax to put on now give it a quick go over

I cleaned mine the other day, was so nice and shiney then the next day i passed a gritter on the A2 and got crap all over the front of it! :(
Looking good though dude! :)

Latest posts

Back