haGGard's Black Cat

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you replace the ABS tone wheels mate?

I have bought some new ones for my rear disk conversion as I know mine will be totally flat. I had the clicking noise for a while before I cleaned my drums up.

my handbrake lever had seized so I had no handbrake in the left wheel either mate.

Minor update, passed its MOT the other day. Failed at first because the N/S headlight wouldn't adjust and was set wrong, and also the handbrake was alot stonger on one wheel than the other. Fixed that though (and fitted the cat to pass the emmisions) and it passed with just a single advisory of the front tyres getting low on tread on the inner edges. Just another joy to this car.

Next plan on the list. Sell the car :grin:

I've had my fun out of it to be honest. It is a nice car when kept tidy. And i will miss it, especially the power delivery, but i need to move on. I need a car which has 5 doors and can actually fit a buggy in the boot. My old mk2 fiesta had more room inside than this car.

To add to this, the car is back at the garage once again today. Started smelling of petrol the other day, and ive just been rung up and told my tank has a small hole in it, near the top where the filler pipe enters. So thats getting done today.

I'm want to go back to older more simple cars. Currently on the look out for a nice Sierra (bit of rwd action) or failing that, mondeo, but im really wanting the sierra more.

I've fixed the headlight adjuster, was a simple error that the garage failed to spot. Car will be for sale as soon as i find a replacement (which could be a while as im in no rush to find the perfect car) Will be sold with all modifications still on it as i do not have to time to swap bits over.

Hey mate, nice lookin Puma you got there, love the exhaust.

I have a question for you.. how did you install the rear AP coilovers? I am having many problems fitting in mine, they appear to have lots of slack on the top mount and they seem to be fitted fine. I believe that there have been other users here in the forum with the same problem. Do you know the solution or how to properly fit the rear coilovers? Any help would be appreciated!

Hi, thanks for the post. I didnt actually fit the coilovers, i got them done at my garage at the same time i had the milltek fitted.

However, theres is a full step by step guide here in the 'how to' section http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=8119&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sadly this puma has now left me today. I sold it 10 minutes ago to a guy getting it for his nephew as a present. Very very sad to see it go, and god did that decat milltek sound awesome as it pulled away down the road! Still, the money will be more use to me as the car was only sitting in the garage with its MOT slowly wasting away.

Hopefully the new owner will enjoy the car as much as i did. He got a really good deal, with so many new parts fitted to the car, it was running spot on!

Back