How to: Bypass Seat Belt Pretensioner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mally

Red is correct they need to be Radial but it needs to be polarised. (Polar capacitors are also known as electrolytic capacitors)
Here are some on ebay at the moment that do the spec you need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radial-Electrolytic-Capacitors-Various-Value-and-Voltage-/111047335596?var=&hash=item19daefdeac:m:mLlHCHD7YyD7KfTimxGfciQ

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Neil

Think i just been ripped off.
i dont have an ebay account, so asked a friend if he could order for me, when i tried going through checkout i got this

Seller dmcomponents2011 (41547)
Request total from seller
More information
Radial Electrolytic Capacitors / Various Value and Voltage
Radial Electrolytic Capacitors / Various Value and Voltage
Condition: New
Capacitance: 0.47uF
Voltage: 50V
Pack of: 5
Quantity:
£1.15
Economy (3-4 working days)
Royal Mail 2nd Class
+ £0.30
Remove|Save for later
Subtotal (1 item):
£1.15
Delivery to gy24sb:
£0.30
Total:
£1.45

but my mate saying he got charged £3.50

so who is right ?

mallyf said:
[post]359522[/post] Think i just been ripped off... Total:£1.45 ...but my mate saying he got charged £3.50... so who is right ?

...well, I just got some too and it was £1.45 in total for the 5, so you can draw your own conclusion.

sorry its took me a long time to get back on this 1, but i have been really ill, stuck in bed.
i emailed the seller on ebay and he came back with that my mate had ordered 10 packs of 5 and paid extra postage.
emailed back and said he was a fool and didnt need that amount and could he refund and just send pack of 5. he agreed.
My mate contacted me and said some thing weird has happened and he had got a refund and items had arrived.
still not feeling well so when better, i will be doing the mod on my seats as soon as

cheers guys

Hi Guys

Just caught up on this. Sorry to hear you had problems
I hope the mod went well and worked ok.

Cheers

Neil

Any advice, followed the guide to the letter and airbag light still on, OMP steering wheel with airbags both removed?

Cheers

acer said:
OMP steering wheel

This guide is referring to the light coming in after swapping out the original seat. I believe you have to do a different process for the steering wheel.

Back