how to flow your MAF!!!!!!!!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last visited: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:12 am

Doubt it.

Heres a tip for flowing your MAF and T.B.
use these little milling bits in a dremel type tool and youll shape the alloy much quicker and with more precision than sanding attatchments.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161317505334?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heres a 2.0 Mondeo throttle body which i shaped with the bits above, then smoothed wuth a flap wheel and polished with a small felt pad. All using my £15 dremel ripoff..

When I got it it looked like this.

I should find a pic of what I`ve done to the MAF,
with the larger T.B. the MAF was the tightest constriction in the inlet tract.
not any more...

I would also like to see the maf.

Are there larger maf's you can fit to the Puma?

Cheers

Ally

I have experimented with the MAF from the V6 2.5 Mondeo engine.
Its HUGE and would only need the "black box" off the Puma MAF for it to work.
The problem is the pipe, as I say, it`s massive.
It also wouldn`t work with our airbox, you`d need a (large) cone..

seen some on ebay milled from 50 to 54mm.. looks good and the lad sells a lot of modded ones and gets very good feedback..
Doing it for £85 including exchange on your old one- seems a lot steeper but looks good..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-puma-1-7-vct-zh17-enlarged-throttle-body-54mm-/391065030048?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b0d4acda0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do you lot think? Apparently just a straight swap. Moneys tight so will prob get a full exhaust and remap done at some point in the future..

Hi All. I have whipped my MAF off to try to show how I`ve tried to help the air through.
It`s very much a work in progress and will be further modded before it goes back on.

My MAF
Standard MAF

I`ll probably try to get more metal out from under the `tube`
Its not easy to see but I took LOADS of metal out from the sides of the `post` with the plate on the back. The walls are about 4mm thick so I thinned the `post` on either side by a couple of mm. needs more flowing yet..

My MAF
Standard MAF

I have seen those machined throttle bodies on ebay.
They should work perfectly.
The external casting of the 2.0 Mondeo TB is almost identical to the Pumas, so this is a less rare and only slightly more expensive solution to finding more power...

Did a similar job on my maf Stu. Mibbe not as well polished as yours though! I've not taken as much out but looks smooth all the way through without the noticable angled bits the were there before.
Without fannying about too much would it be outwith the realms of possibility to do something similar to the inlet manifold?

I fitted a un modified maf for Mallory last week.
no difference as I could tell. but there have been other mods..
I`ll swap at lunch next time out..

Latest posts

Back