Leicester meet, 21st March 09.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well we finally got back ok!! Tow truck came at just gone 2200. We think either the drive shaft has popped out or the CV is dead, but the cars now on jackos drive awaiting jacking up to find out what happened.

A few pics:
Look its broke!!
DSC00384.jpg

All secure ready for the journey:
DSC00386.jpg

Back at home!!
DSC00389.jpg

Hope its not too serious Jacko, sorry I had to dash off but a 3 hour drive was calling!!

Got back OK and went straight to bed, hence why it's taken till this morning for acknowledgements.

Ben and Jacko, thank you both very much for a fantastic meet!! Was great to meet all sorts of new faces and catch up with the old ones too, it was a thoroughly grand day out!

Big thanks to Ben and Jacko for organising another great Leics meet - glad to see you also arranged nice weather this year!

Sorry to see your poorly car at the end of the meet Jacko, I hope it's easy to fix with your mountain of spares. If it's gearbox related, give us a shout after tomorrow ;)

As always it's great to put faces to names and good to meet you all at last :D

Good work on the cakes as always
a050.gif

As per the above quotes! I think an amazing day was had by all! Thanks Ben and Jacko, it was such a great day!

Hope you get your car sorted soon Jacko mate.

Just got to look forward to the next meet now :D

Good to see everyone!

Aiden.

thanks for all the comments; was a great day.

got home at 0030 this morning after taking warren home in the missus' car.

just been out to rip her apart; gearbox (quaife diff) looks fine (thank god!!!!!!!). iv snapped the driveshaft clean in 2 at the splines on gearbox end. thatl learn me for removing the traction control & wheelspinning at will......!

its gonna be £135 for a replacement from pumabuild (spits on the floor...!) or im gonna ring around 2mrw and have a stronger one made up.

pics will be in a new thread.......

Not too bad then Jacko although not ideal though! Better that than the diff!

I'm popping a few photies up into the gallery now :D

I apologise in advance for the quality, but the camera decided it wouldn't play nice with actually having a charged battery, so I had to use the iPhone...

Great day out. The meal was nice too, won't need to eat for a couple of days...lol

Ouch on the driveshaft Jacko. Wheel spinning with 18's and all the rubber contact associated is not going to have helped, I'm guessing the shaft just couldn't take that sort of twisting moment. Your thoughts on a stronger one seems very appropriate.....or you could always wire the TC back op..lol.
Hope it's not too expensive.

Thanks again for a nice meet....and similar weather.

Got a few pics but I'll just upload the one where I caught Benf actually getting airborne......not in the Pu'....lol

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks to Ben and Jacko and organising another great Leicester meet :D

The weather was perfect and enjoyed chatting to old faces and some new ones :)

And thanks to everyone who paid me compliments about the car - makes all the hard work worthwhile :eek:k:

As always, a great meet! :eek:k:

Even though the Millie couldn't be there, it was still a great day. Always good to see old friends, and meet new faces. I'm hoping we'll see more than a few of you again at meets and shows in the future. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the photos that everyone got, including our junior photographers who seemed intent on taking photos of everyone and everything!

I've added quite a few of our photos in the gallery.

http://www.projectpuma.com/album_cat.php?cat_id=91" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A choice few:

[albumimg]1543[/albumimg]

Some people :roll: :
[albumimg]1548[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1550[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1552[/albumimg]

Layby closed - sorry:
[albumimg]1556[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1560[/albumimg]

Alreeeeeeeeeet!

Wey ive just got home....no I didnt get lost :p

Cheers to Benf and Jacko for organising a great meet :D was great to meet you all and see sum familiar faces....

and I had a great time... bloody shattered now though...

Oh geez... the arse out....AGAIN!! lol

Zenithus said:
Was cool following you on the way back Paul... I was counting the junctions lol

Wasn't sure if I was going too slow for you but thought the steady drive would be ok (apart from the speed trial mid way - 133 for the record...lol - on that...ahem 'private road' I found near the M1...lol)

Glad you remembered not to follow me onto the slip road for the A19 and managed to find Tyne & Wear without getting lost...lol

What shenanigans! Shame to have missed everyone (cake especially :p), glad you all had a good time depsite the poor end for Jacko, and glad it is fixable!

It made it.... alll the way home!!!!

[albumimg]1584[/albumimg]

Lol :-D

Back