phew what a week of projects.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
turbo puma just a loose pipe here and there....mixture of leaks, washed off and cant see any more leaks...so hopefully fixed...

no his needs a new gearbox, second gear gone, he is off to collect two tomorrow...this is my subaru engined buggy...going to build a couple more of these, they are just mega fun...

a few videos on the weekends playing for anyone interested...i know its not pumas but we did take a puma out as well, didnt take any photos of that though...

http://youtu.be/qeRd7ipjzEo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://youtu.be/_8S-zBf4l4M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://youtu.be/h-Y7h1B01F0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

okay back to pumas.

nitrous puma has chewed up fifth gear...got to think that its either the quaiffe diff or the clutch...so going back to a std clutch and std box...damn annoying...

turbo puma is running fine.

now starting to get my act together for the 419 to get back on the road...still need to build 088 back into a good car for the f3 engine...exciting times just got to make sure I DONT BREAK THEM BEFORE BRANDS IN NOVEMBER...

also when you took the box apart, how did you get the fifth gear back on? its important to make sure you press with support under the input shaft, otherwise you can damage the bearings as they will take all the load from the press

what happens is the whole gearbox starts to vibrate and then something fails...last time it was one of the bearings, this time it chewed up fifth gear although selection was poor after rebuild...wonder if we are missing something on the rebuilds...certainly doesnt seem to point to us as this happened initially to a box we had not touched but then did the same on a box we rebuilt...am certainly thinking that a set of quaife internals is on the cards...or as pumanood suggests the mtx box...just got to get the right box...with the starter the right way round....am on the look out...

yes I have to say I am a bit heavy on these cars but this is before I had even ragged it...good points steve will have a check with the boys about this...perhaps we did not press it on hard enough?...but its the vibration that is the worry, where does it come from, I can only suspect the one common part the diff...

As long as you can get he circlip back on the shaft above the gear its on far enough, just make sure you put a block of something to support the input shaft clutch side when you press gear on

yep spoke with the boys they say this was all done....no idea why it has chewed 5th gear, but the vibration seems to be coming from the quaife diff, going to ask them if they can think what it might be..

dodgy bearings on diff? the diff itself should be fine

are the spring washers correctly located behind the races on the end of the diff should be like this )(

if they arent like that then there wont be any preload on the diff

what type of diff is it? clutch or gear?

quaife gear lsd, did not like the clutch baased lsd at all, I have three of those, yes I know about the washers...I read the breakdown, someone did a full strip and breakdown was real good...cant remember who did it..

Back