Project Bumble Bee- Black with a hint of Yellow

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How easy is it to take the front door cards out, mine are bodged and ive brought new items to replace them, but not sure of how they come off. Im sure ill work it out, but if there are any tips, like take door handles or something off first, then take out a certain screw, it might save me some hassle and time. Thanks

From what I saw of Marcus doing it, undo the screws that hold the door in place first

Thenpop the door handly inserts off, the top corner that covers the wing mirror attachment, then pop the clips out and take the door card off.

Didn't look to hard when he did it

Scotty1.7 said:
From what I saw of Marcus doing it, undo the screws that hold the door in place first

Thenpop the door handly inserts off, the top corner that covers the wing mirror attachment, then pop the clips out and take the door card off.

Didn't look to hard when he did it

Thanks alot :thumbs:

I assume you mean undo the screws that hold the door "card" in place, if i undo the screws that hold the door in place, my door might fall off!! Lol

Your car looks really nice with the subtle yellow stripes, and that interior just finishes it off nice.

Cheers matey- verey nice of you to say.

Yeah i did mean those ones (sorry tried to enagage brain before i typed, failled there)

PumaNoob said:
How easy is it to take the front door cards out, mine are bodged and ive brought new items to replace them, but not sure of how they come off. Im sure ill work it out, but if there are any tips, like take door handles or something off first, then take out a certain screw, it might save me some hassle and time. Thanks

IMG_0056-1.jpg

After that, plastic trim surrounding the handle just falls off & the rest of the door card is just held on by the plastic push clips (if they're still intact).

Start from the bottom corner and just pull till it pops off then run your hand around the edges to pop the rest out.
Replacement clips can be purchased from Ford or I've got a handful here if you're stuck. :)

Marcus, that's awesome mate, thanks alot. :thumbs:
Even got a pic to illustrate, I'll save that to my pc. You've probarbly saved me a few hours there. The new doorcards came with clips I think, but if not I'll hit you up for some if that's ok?? Thanks again

loooks good scotty, good work to you and marcus :eek:k: lol i just got myself some genuine FRP door cards so now got to rip out the ones i just done 3 weeks ago.

I've got some FRP door crads and rear inserts butt here on Hold for mikeFRP i think.

Cheers for the words though Vitch

Quick update of a few bits due to be done shortly.

New nav/Multi-media Unit.

Special Seat-belts

cambelt, water pump, aux belt, fuel tank and rocker cover.

Need to pick up the fuel tank and rocker gasket from chris still (tyeboi)

And get some over stuff done.

Right Bee is going to Ford Fair if its the one show I do this year!!

So once I have the rest of the bits sorted I'll get the car ready for Ford Fair!!!

Happy days

Head Unit now fitted

I need to fit my new seat belts as well (Custom Yellow Puma seat Belts)

And then I need to, get my wheels sorted and the cambelt, and the water pump, and the rocker cover

Quick update

Bee is still alive- Just

Head unit is awesome, DVD, Sat nave and Bluetooth pluse ya normal head unit functions.

Seat belts- yes I urm need to fit them asap

Dint in the front wing- yes, Thanks to the French heap of crap in the asda carpark :eek:k: :evil:

And then hopefully after ford Fair Bee is going in to storage for a while/ long time. I may have a new motor coming very very soon.

Its Big, Its Blue and its got a Turbo Weasel under the Bonnet hehehehehe

Cheers guys and marcus for the help.

It is going well and I think going forward it could see some rather radical changes, :twisted:

Not as bad as you'd think actually. The only worry is if you drive in a dirty field and get a slight wheel spin of dirt up that side of the car.

I need new suspension, new brake discs, new barake pads, new brake master cylinder, new top mounts

Sparx is looking into some more graphics for me

New engine mounts as well

Then the final 2 things for the puma will be body work and something else I've yet to see in a Puma

Latest posts

Back