Project Percy,,,, 3rd and last revival!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil said:
Not this again...

images

That was ages ago Neil lol

Well ive decided to go mad!!! this car has huge sentimental value and i cant get rid of it so it currently in my garage stripped to a bare shell, ive been rust killing an undersealling mad for last few days jus to protect for winter, in the new year i will be buying and converting to frp arches and bumpers managed to pick up a frp slitter for a tenner to day :lol:

plans include a complete overhaul
including-
flock dash
fiesta st seats
suade panles and roof
colourd seatbelts
plasma dial

frp kit
smoothed work
bonnet extension
rear disk conversion
new coilies

reconditioned 1.7
lowcomp turbo
decom plate
intercooler
s/s straight through
racing puma inlet

will be other small things making this an oem+ build,
i wanna make it as much of a nice car as i can i wan it to be classy as it is and not look modified, but to puma owneres know hard work has gone in (if that makes sense),,

i know people will say save the money for an FRP,, however id rather make MY car how i want it rather than buy 1 that i wldn wanna modify, i like to be very hands on and do the work my self :D

ill be posting pleanty of pictures all the way through the re-build

Thanks for reading, and thanks for all you continued support and help,

i hope to have her up and running by 2014 where id love to come to shows with you :D :cool:

so made a start stripping all panels now and anything thatll come off, used 2 bottles of rust treatment and half a big tin uf underseal and i havnt even finished the front end : / , lol

took the subframe out today to go with my ever growing pile for the powdercoaters :)

RhonddaCynonTaff-20130107-01174.jpg

stripped down the hubs and discovered very poor abs sensors either side!!

RhonddaCynonTaff-20130107-01172.jpg

started buying my new parts, wishbones and droplinks arrived this morning, u guessed it off to the podercoaters haha,

heres the stuff i stripped and took to the scrapyard today,
RhonddaCynonTaff-20130107-01173.jpg

got room to move in my garage now :D

when i can il take car out and take piks of what its actually looking like thanks :D

up garage agin today took up my after market FRP splitter which i bought for just a tenner!!! bargain currently has chavvy stickers but they will be removed and it will be wrapped in black carbon
RhonddaCynonTaff-20121223-01118.jpg

i also took more up powder coaters, pressed out new wishbone bushes to put in my polybushes, pressed out hub bearings job and a half!!!
undersealed slam panel, after more rust treatin lol, also gave inner arch another coat of underseal,

removed master cyninder for re-spray sorry to the missus for de-greasing and sanding in the sink :roll:

RhonddaCynonTaff-20130109-01178.jpg

this is after prepping ready to be sprayed up
RhonddaCynonTaff-20130109-01179.jpg

will keep posting piks :D
cheers darren

So been quiet been breakin my fiesta for parts had my stuff back from powder coaters :D, so happy with it
RhonddaCynonTaff-20130130-01229.jpg

Sorry for poor picture its off my camera phone ,,,,
Picking up frp wings and bumper from keiron saturday :D, taking shape slowly

Sooo spent £60 in fords on new wishbone bolts, botten bolts hub to leg bolts powersteering rack to subframe bolts, arb to subframe bolts, also sent more agen to be powdercoated bought new polybuses and got them in, bought new bearings and abs pickup rings and pressed hubs together, front end takking shape now, will be ordering 300mm drilled and grooved disks this week while i wait for the powdercoating to come back.

125_zpsfbae849a.jpg

124_zps1ee79cb7.jpg

Kizza said:
any pics of the front end yet pal :wink:

give me 1 month buddie gonna have the full kit off you and fit it all buddie :D,

moving to a nice big 3 car unit this week all to my-self ,, butt i will upload piks buddie, call me an advert ;)

Back