PUMA 1.7 ROTREX SUPERCHARGER PROJECT

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive also fitted my HID kit, which is the BEST mod ive invested in! I can safely drive at nite without fear of driving off the road!
Also fitted a BRAND NEW PIPERCROSS VEMON KIT TOO!
DSC01322.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

Before HID
DSC01310.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

FITTING
DSC01315.jpg

DSC01316.jpg

AFTER
DSC01320.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

You can see my new venom induction pipe inbetween the number plate and foglight!
DSC01324.jpg

from outside the car
DSC01326.jpg

the difference is EPIC!

looking good mate!

hows the charger coming? any advance?

need to hear that bike exhaust aswell.

yeah ive got a bit of carbon fibre left over thou u wud have to make tiny brackets to fit it in your dash like mine adn i also had to make some mods to the dashboard part but im sure thats pretty obvious!

Carbon fibre dash insert fitted.
Making new exhaust system on the weekend. Bought a NEW flexi pipe to take the engne movement out the exhaust and new gaskets im going to make it side exit!
I think the fuel tank is bolluxed as its slighty wet on the underside of the tank, i think the seam has gone!!!
Ive bought a NEW fuel filter to be fitted this weekend or with the new tank which i reckon im going to need!!
Anyone know the best place to get one???
Supercharger update:
Im currently buying all the silicon hoses to plumb it all in.
Ive located the wires on the speed sensor to remove the torque limiter but with the power mines producing at the moment im little concerned it might prematurely knacker the transmission.

Man, that carbon dash insert looks SICK!!!!! I gotta get me one of those babies! What kind of boost are you looking to run? If mine is about 180bhp @ 7psi, yours should be more then that at the same psi, probarbly closer to 190, maybe more!! Mine overboosts any more then 7psi, thats why im going for megajolt, but if you have standard ECU, you might be able to push more boost, as your ECU spark wont be as advanced, i cant wait until this is finished. What are you doing about fuelling, are you just going to see how it goes first, then uprate stuff if its needed?

cheers ive got sum carbon fibre left over so i may make you one if you want!!! i will start off low then use a series of restrictors to up the boost! Im going to use a rising rate fmu. at the moment mine fuels really rich when on wide open throttle anyway so i will just use trial and error to get it dialled in right.

Yeah, thats the best way mate, mine with the RR is fine, as you know, so shouldnt be a problem. Im playing with my cams at the moment, ill let you know what the best set up i come up with, i tried retarding the cams, and lost about 10 horse power, so now im going to try and keep the inlet cam standard, then advance exhaust cam a few degrees, see what that does, although becaust yours breathes better, it might not have the same effect on yours. Where about are you, id definately be interested in that carbon fibre!!

With the frp inlet manifold and 421 manifold and custom freeflow exhaust it will breath loads better. im based on the wirral, I cud cut you the dash insert and leave you to drill the gauge holes if you want??

UPDATE: Ive done my side exit exhaust but after testing its far too loud ( i wud be deaf within a week!) so im fitting another silencer on the straight part before it bends out to the side exit exhaust endcan.

Pics to follow once its fully fitted. It does look mean tho with a side exit exhaust tho!

I used tiny L shaped brackets then used two allen key bolts and nuts on the rear.
UPDATE:
F2 SPOILER SOLD!
NEW FUEL TANK & FUEL FILTER FITTED.
SIDE EXIT EXHAUST IS FITTED AND SOUNDS AMAZING!
PICS TO FOLLOW SOON!
KNOW THE WEATHER IS BETTER IM GOING TO UNDER MY CAR AGAIN!

What kind of time frame are you looking at with this project now?? I cant wait to see what this can do compared to mine, with the higher lift cams, im now getting about 175bhp at only 4 psi, so i expect that you will get about the same with std cams, i dont know. I pushed mine up to 7psi before i started getting problems, and need to retard the ignition, so id expect youll probly be able to push about 8psi with your set up, i reckon you wont be far off 200bhp with this, depending on fuelling! Thats going to be some car!! Are you stripping the interior, or leaving it standard?

[
DSC01326.jpg

whos corrados that?

now thats a proper car i had a red one like this years ago on a J plate...beast

oi oi oi

VR6 ,G60 or standard?

i had a G60 with black karmann interior and twin pipe scorpion exhuast..was a beast

Latest posts

Back