What made your day today?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly is fun.
I was tired yesterday so will hammer it later today.
I did a few laps of the Nordschliefe (spelling?) on the controller to see what times I could set with varying rates of tuning (in an RX8 of course as it doesn't have a Puma on GT6), then tried with driving rig setup and only managed a best time within 8 seconds of my controller time on the stock tune after many rig setup tweaks and about a dozen laps.
Better than my first lap which was well over a minute longer :lol:

Think I need a bigger monitor/tv or even a 3 screen setup....and maybe clear out a spare room so I can set it all up a lot closer to me as it's currently in my lounge and my eyesight is blurring with the TV being so far away.

Better go to specsavers instead of putting it off :lol:

What made my day yesterday was having a ride out with my bro for the first time in over a year :cool:

We've just got his bike back on the road after we took it apart over 2 months ago to replace the exhaust manifold. We took the rad off along with every fairing to find that no one had stock of a replacement :roll:

Very happy today (despite limping badly after nearly smashing my kneecap on Sunday!!) have just heard that the windfarm proposal opposite my house is now dead!!! Officially is no more....defunct...gone :grin:
Common sense is still out there :grin:

They should make it part of the condition of building any that any domestic property within a certain radius of one of the wind turbines should get free electricity from it. I don't know, maybe 1 mile radius or something. But also shouldn't be allowed to build one within half that too.
I would actually be happy to have one in my back garden if I got free electricity from it :lol:

Damn utility costs have gone up a hell of a lot in recent years! :crazy:

One of the suggestions put forward when the proposal was first muted was that all properties within a mile from any turbine should get free electricity or solar panels fitted, developers said that it was not cost effective to offer that, bet they wished they had considered it now.
No wind farm development ever benefits the local area in any way except with cash incentives, luckily for us the whole community turned down the offers of cash funds, money is not the answer when unspoilt areas are at risk.
Community spirit 1....developers nil :thumbs:

Paul, just read your other post about the Laguna.. we had a similar situation with a green Honda estate of some sort, parked up opposite our house in an allocated space and then didn't move for a good couple of years until two weeks ago when this happened:

18575586_10212098286948521_660332537_o.jpg

Now a bloody red Laguna has parked up in it's place and hasn't moved for like 3 weeks (pictured behind the truck) :?

Brilliant day at Knockhill today, looning around in a BMW and a Focus and a rally prepped Fiesta on the skid pan, great fun and really good to spend the day with my son....plus "buttercup" handled the 200 mile round trip without any issues whatsoever, ok so most of it was below the speed limit due to traffic and a really strong side wind but still a cracking drive :grin:

So, back at work after my 7 week holiday...you have to love School holidays and I have a new minibus to play with..

Now I have been a life long Transit fan (since delivering the first ever MK2 in the UK ) so I was somewhat sceptical to be handed the keys to this and i must apologise for putting this picture on

My boss is well aware of my opinion on Vauxhall (which is why he handed me the keys with a big grin on his face!!)
However I have to say I am (very quietly) impressed so far, its quiet, smooth, flexible (its the bi-turbo model, and no thats not the same as bi-sexual :grin: )
Being a little smaller than my twin wheel Transit it is actually proving to be better for my run as most of the time I am on single track roads, driving position is not quite so flexible as the Transit but is acceptable for my use.
Will I become a convert? somehow I doubt it but on the whole its ok........for a Vauxhall :grin:

Photobucket now refuses to do 3rd party hosting of my pictures but (thanks Frank) now you can see the picture I tried to post above in the link

zinc2000 said:
[post]364752[/post]

Photobucket now refuses to do 3rd party hosting of my pictures but (thanks Frank) now you can see the picture I tried to post above in the link
No problem. :)

I've removed the unneeded first and last tags on your post and you might prefer to use the 'Thumbnail for forums:' link for other stuff? It'll give you this -

As Frank says, you had just doubled up on img tags, with a single set it should work a treat :grin:

I've edited your post to test, below is what it was changed to, it's probably exactly as you took it from the photo site.

Original
Code:
[img][url=https://postimg.org/image/ntgpotb45/][img]https://s26.postimg.org/4bm28ve6h/STA60606.jpg[/img][/url][/img]

Modified
Code:
[url=https://postimg.org/image/ntgpotb45/][img]https://s26.postimg.org/4bm28ve6h/STA60606.jpg[/img][/url]

If you don't want people to be able to click it then you can also do this
Code:
[img]https://s26.postimg.org/4bm28ve6h/STA60606.jpg[/img]

Well yesterday....

Married Cherie.

:wub:

Back