What made your day today?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're not big on flashiness or bravado.

:thumbs:

The honeymoon is the one place we've splashed out a bit, but it's not for a couple of weeks.
California + convertible V8 Mustang = :D

The honeymoon is the one place we've splashed out a bit, but it's not for a couple of weeks.

Mine, sorry, ours was a free night in a friends hotel in Newcastle :oops:
Enjoy and we will need pictures.........of the car :grin:

Dal said:
[post]364898[/post] The honeymoon is the one place we've splashed out a bit, but it's not for a couple of weeks.

Yes!!!

Amazing what deals come out of the woodwork when you threaten to cancel your broadband (or anything for that matter).
Not as good as the last time I renegotiated as I believe they (Virgin Media) were bought out by Liberty so no loyalty discounts like "usual".
Was simply offered no price rise for 6 more months or a fixed slightly increased price term for 12m or even a (whoopee doo) free month!...pffft. Liberty no doubt trying to recoup their costs without showing any loyalty for long term customers.

I rejected their measly offers after all the blurb about super fast, fastest available blah, blah, blah and all the other sales crap.

Midway through him closing my account - more like speaking to his manager - he came back with a massive monthly discount (40%) for a tariff/speed that isn't seen anywhere on any site but wanted to restrict it to 30GB a month. Likely more than enough for me but I don't do restrictions :lol:

Told him to close account or give me that tariff with unlimited downloads as it was STILL more expensive than I could get elsewhere. I even suggested they could increase that latest offer price a tad to give me unlimited to show my loyalty... to no avail.

What...Yip offering money???? :lol:

Finally....CANCELLED!!. Been doing this back & forth for years now & managed to release the chains as found a cracking deal elsewhere, cheaper a month but also MUCH cheaper if I stump up the years contract in one lump sum.

Yes, please, I'll take the latter :thumbs:

BenF said:
[post]364942[/post] Congratulations to the 2 of you!

Did you by chance first meet at one of the Leicester meets? If so, which one?

17th March 2007 Leicester (never actually in Leicester) meet was where we were in the same place at the same time although not together. 2007 was when lots of us first met each other for that matter.

But between then and the Notts meet that year, we'd started chatting. :eek:k:

So it's all your fault Ben! :lol:

I get blamed for a lot of things Dal, but this is one I am happy to be associated with. I wish you a long and happy life together :thumbs:

I drove over 1300 miles yesterday :shock:

That's more than I've done in total for the previous 3 years.

Pity it was in my living room on Euro Truck Simulator 2. Why do I find that fun?...who knows :lol:

My new rig looks a bit like this :lol:
MERCEDES-ACTROS-MP4-1.22-Truck-2.jpg

A snip at just over £110k :shock:

Sheesh, back with Virgin Media. :roll:

Other ISP I was going to go to has a terrible reputation apparently. Grown to big & can't keep up so poor service ensued I gathered from the reviews I read.

Also the speed I can get elsewhere is diabolical so pretty much tied unless I cut down on my speed requirements which isn't a choice I like.

Just got back off phone with VM & long story short I upgraded my speed to 100Mb & am paying £3 less per month than I was so a win in a small way I suppose :lol:

It's rather nice cruising the Pacific Highway in a Mustang..

IMG_20170915_171125 (2).jpg

Great picture... looks just like the A77 going up west coast of Scotland.....you sure you were not telling us all porky pies......honeymoon in the states indeed :grin:

red said:
[post]365167[/post] And some of us are still using 13Mb :grin:

Yup, to be honest a 13Mb reliable speed would likely be sufficient for me as I could adjust to it I believe, however, the numbers touted using a non-fibre for my house were 2Mb-6Mb with a possible low at peak times of 0.5Mb. That was just too low to gamble on despite the low price.

Back