What made your day today?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arm werkin in a "major" motor manufacturer with top of the range apprentices and they'm payin me more than if I wuz a lecturer in the college. Only problem is gerrin up early in the morning and drivin 50 miles to get there (I ay dun it the last two days tho!)

One was just conferring with a fellow Black Country person as we haven't conversed in quite a while.

Translation: He was saying that he had completed his time in an employed role, to become a member of the great population known as "retired", whereas I have carried on being gainfully employed being a mentor and training manager to the next generation of design engineers, a fair few of whom are from the Caledonian area. Luckily I speak their language fluently so I can translate for any who require it. :grin: .

If you require any help in translating from Black Country to Scottish, please feel free to ask!

I thank you! :grin: :grin: :grin:

P.S. I am a honorary Scotsman, as I spent at least 1 day a week for 5 years in Motherwell (Bellshill), Glasgow, Edinburgh, Greeock, Port Glasgow, the Kingdom of Fife, even the Onthank Estate in Kilmarnock (featured in the TV show "The Scheme"). Loved every minute of it!

See you pal!!!! :grin:

hotrodspike said:
P.S. I am a honorary Scotsman, as I spent at least 1 day a week for 5 years in Motherwell (Bellshill), Glasgow, Edinburgh, Greeock, Port Glasgow, the Kingdom of Fife, even the Onthank Estate in Kilmarnock (featured in the TV show "The Scheme"). Loved every minute of it!

See you pal!!!! :grin:

Onthank? Yeez, you're brave. I lived in Crosshouse for a bit around the Millennium and had outlaws on the Onthank. Think I'd rather holiday in Syria. :thumbs:

While I was on the Onthank, I asked the engineer I was with why a large amount of the houses were boarded up with the metal shutters and if they were going to be demolished. He said that the people were still living there, but other gentlefolk had smashed all of the windows and doors so the council had put the shutters up instead! Lovely place!
He also told me to stay in the car and watch the van for them as some scrotes had pinched a load of stuff out of the back within 5 minutes of them turning up, plus the car might have gone for a walk!
And the things I saw in Cumbernauld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When the world cup was in South Africa, I drove down Motherwell High Street playing "Three Lions" at full blast, and I'd got my England shirt on as well!!! Such fun!

Thanks for translation guys, brilliant :grin: of course you do realise that despite my location I actually hale from Hertfordshire so translation into scottish would probably be even worse if ye ken what I mean pal :grin:

This is why I love this forum, people are so willing to help each other, sadly I read the above post as "I can do Black Country to English for small feet" so I guess all hope is lost for me :-(

Just heard that my oldest daughter whose is a driving instructor in Manchester, is now going on (and up) to be a driving instructor trainer in the new year.
As someone who has driven for a living since around 1975 I would like to think that somewhere down the line I have passed on my love of driving and road safety, so very, very proud of her :grin:

Happy Birthday to me :grin: :grin:

Just got to find room in the garage for it now, oh and get drawer liners...oh and transfer all my tools....oh and get Buttercup ready for MOT and back on the road for 2018 :grin:

Happy Birthday fella's :grin:
Any body else on here wish to share my Birthday, is nothing sacred any more?
Still MY tool chest, you don;t get to share it :grin:

Today was a good day :grin:
Sunshine following a heavy frost was a pleasant change from the last few days up here, then I had the added bonus of being awarded a break from decorating (3 rooms over the last few weeks plus getting my late Mother in laws house ready to go the market this week)
So.....new front and rear drop links fitted on the family C-Max (our roads managed to shear a bolt on the rear ones!!)
New rocker cover gasket fitted on "Buttercup" then did the front drop links as well as they were an advisory last year....MOT ready now I think :grin:
On the down side...I am cream crackered :)

Latest posts

Back