What made your day today?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Paul.. did she accept? :grin:

TBF I might look at upgrading from ADSL at some point to fibre/VDSL - my girls are getting to the age now where they're both streaming TV shows separately and when this happens, there's not much bandwidth left for much else.

Went to Laguna Seca for a nose today - didn't chance our arm to sneak on track though* :lol:

Leguna Seca Mustang.jpg

*Not in the car anyway.. :cool:

If you could see me today you would see one very happy bunny....why?

Having struggled/cursed etc to get the fuel tank off "buttercup" and beginning to doubt my sanity at bothering, I have today had the chance to have a good look underneath (after sweeping up a huge pile of rust/dust/crud etc) and what do i find?

No rust :grin: :grin: apart from the odd spot of surface rust everything is solid, i have poked and prodded and thumped and nothing gives, no holes no nothing, even the rear tank mountings, despite loosing their captive nuts and causing me so much hassle, are solid. Behind the sills is solid, whole floor is good :grin:

One loose heat shield has now been removed, couple of fuel lines look a bit suspect but easily replaced, all brake pipes seem good, handbrake outer cover is rusty but think a good wire brushing will sort that.

So, job now is to remove any loose underseal, repaint the whole underside before re-fitting tank and then plan is to remove interior and paint the floor.

And now the sun is shining, oh and for those of you that know the story of my wife and the garage forecourt, garage has accepted liability :grin:

What made my day, getting a message from ProjectP and seeing so many of my old friends are still here... Also got a new house with an empty garage!! Could something to make me smile be going in there next summer!! :-D Ohh and.. How is everyone, hope your all well and happy xxx

Not sure what message you got but welcome back :grin:

An empty garage is a rarity, wish mine was clear but alas tons stored in there.

New tank finally fitted and what a royal pain that was, because 2 of the captive nuts were no longer captive, they had to be replaced with bolts and nyloc nuts and of course one is really only accessable through the near side wheel arch, which is fine if the wheel is off but of course I had it up on ramps!! Ended up sticking the nut to a spanner so I could feed it into place between the tyre and the arch and onto the top of the bolt.
However all back in place, new pipe fitted for the charcoal filter at the same time as the metal one was badly rusted, now have to make a new bracket to hold the fuel filter as new tank does not have one on it.
middle picture had to be put on so you can see the help/hinderence I had, sunglasses are because my work lamp is a 500 watt spot light and is rather bright :grin:

Finally, after nearly ten years my Sky box has died :grin: now I can safely put it in the bin without my better half saying "but there is nothing wrong with it, put it in the loft for now".....our loft is full of stuff that "has nothing wrong with it"

Sky was disconnected months ago due to crap content on most channels, I now pay £2.99 a month for Now TV.....kids channels for my wee Grandson, and I get to watch fantastic "live" concerts on the Utube app (Runrig last night, Clancy Brothers before that, seekers last week) and all the catch up tv we need via iplayer.........bye bye Sky box, you will not be missed :grin:

Latest posts

Back