Brake Failure!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrisg

Really need a speedy reply guys, the car needs to be back on the road before monday morning!

The O/S/R rigid brake pipe has sprung a leak and caused all of my lovely brake fluid to escape all over the road. I've removed the one end next to the wheel, but I'm trying to get at the other end. The exhaust heatshield is hindering access to the other union. Any hints?

Thanks!

Not being sacrcastic but I'd rip the heatshield off if that's in the way. Much more improtant sorting out the braking problem then you can get the heatshield bolted/tack welded back on if it's actually needed as some people leave them off when they start rattling.

Hope you get it sorted ;)

Thanks Yip, just about to go down to the car park to do it now, only issue is both drivers in the house have buggered off up north for the weekend, and left me with to broken cars to fix! ARRRGHHH!

I'll let you know how it gets on! :thumbs:

All done now, cheers to Yip for the reply, just bent itout the way with a pair of pliers, brake pipe replaced, brakes bled, job done!

Back