Nancy - Moondust silver 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ST170 ENGINE (Badged as a DURATEC ST)
a further developed version of the later 2 litre zetec-e engine that comes with variable timing on the inlet side and few other extra's cast iron block, alloy head belt driven double overhead cam with the above mentioned variable timing on the inlet side exhaust manifold to the front.
In an st170:

IMG_0970.JPG

ST150 ENGINE (Also badged duratec ST)
Mazda developed 2.0 litre engine actually called the duratec HE shares absolutely nothing with any other engine mentioned is not a detuned version of the st170 engine :roll: chain driven double overhead cam, inlet manifold to the front, all alloy construction
In an st150 :
ABCD0018a.JPG

An St150 engine would be a good choice for a Puma replacement as it's all alloy and hence quite light.

crystalpuma said:
I never said they weren't!

Right, back to Nancy now please :p

Sorry :(

STEAVIE said:
haha! how your gearbox now?!

Not driven today as off sick from work to fully recover from my cold! It got a lot worse on the journey home for some reason :(

It was great all the way back :thumbs:

Having owned both an FRP and a standard 1.7, I'll be honest and say I couldn't tell the difference in terms of straight line speed.

I'm glad I can say I've owned one, but it didn't blow me away enough to want another, nor to defend it to the hilt.

Anyway, back to your thread!

Can't decide whether to budget and get standard shocks for £160 posted or spend £210 on lowering kit.

Definitely getting cheaper tyres next time even though I love my Michelins :wub:

crystalpuma said:
Definitely getting cheaper tyres next time even though I love my Michelins :wub:

Try the Uniroyal Rainsport II's - very good high performance tyre, with good dry and wet (hence the name) grip.

Should be cheaper than the Michelins and on the review sites I have checked the Rainsport II's get as good, if not better ratings. Have had them on a car before and really liked them, keep meaning to get a set of 4 for the Puma, but things conspire against me...

Know people that have had them on their Puma and say they are a good match for the car, and 'spirited driving'.

OMFG I have spent thousands on this car every year since I have had it. Is it worth it?? I could probably afford to get poxy taxis everywhere instead!

Replaced cambelt, suspension bushes, exhaust (twice), front brakes, clutch, gearbox.

What else could go wrong? Oh yes, shocks need replacing and the tyres are severaly scrubbed (think it was from when they were on the front) so there is another problem with it. Please tell me what the point is?!

The way I see it is if I hadn't bought a Puma in the first place, I wouldn't have met all my mates on here. Regardless of how much both of my Puma's have cost me, that's the highlight for me.

Yes I am thinking of you :lol:

Due a service and need to sort out that scrubbing. Do you need to investigate it or is it definitely the ball joints*?

*May have remembered that wrong :lol:

The problem is if I assume it is and fix it and get new tyres (they must be illegal by now with the scrubbing) and then they get ruined I have wasted £200 :s (well £100 I suppose as it would be fronts only I think).

Latest posts

Back