Nurburgring 3rd-6th July 2009 travel thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Leaving on the morning of Friday 3rd July and returning the evening of Monday 6th July

As you'll no doubt be aware, there are a few different ways to cross the channel. A few different ferry companies with different ports and the train of course.

I'm going to book a ferry, going from Dover to Dunkirk on Norfolkline.

http://www.norfolkline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll be booking the 8am out on the 3rd and the 18.01 back on the 6th. This comes to about £53 all in which isn't too bad. A nice relaxed sailing with time for a good breakfast :D

95558155.jpg

We'll then meet up with anyone else that comes via other methods somewhere to be determined (probably on the A10/E40) for a convoy through France, Belgium and Germany to the ring.

If anyone wants to stop at our place near Cambridge on the Thursday night to save a longer drive to Dover first thing Friday morning (it's about 2 1/2 hours from ours) then you're more than welcome. We'll have 2 spare double beds, a single, 2 sofas, loads of floorspace and a garden for camping if you want. Just let us know.

Post up in this thread if you intend to / have booked a ferry / train with times so we can get an idea of who will be where and where to meet up.

(This thread isn't intended to make you travel a certain route etc, but gives information on how it can be done to help. For example, a ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge could be a better option for people in the north of England or Scotland)

Travellers:

1. Dal - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED
2. Cherie - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover
No longer going
3. Spike - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED
4. Zara + Shyann - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED
5. Bok - Chunnel sometime.
6. AndyW - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED
7. Mort666 - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED on Bike
8. Zenithus - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED
9. DradusContact - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED on Bike
10. Ant and Liz - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED
11. Geoff and Jen - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED
12. Neil - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED
13. Yippeekiay - N'Line Ferry - Out 3/7/9 Dover 8.00am -Dunkirk - Return 6/7/9 Dunkirk 18.01 - Dover BOOKED

Staying at 'Chez' Dal & Cherie's:

Zarablackcoupe
Mort666
Zenithus
Yippeekiay +son
Neil

UPDATE : MORE INFO:

NOTE:

* Norfolkline does not issue tickets - proceed directly to check-in with your reference number
* If your vehicle does not conform to the category booked, surcharges may apply

Crossing checklist

* You must be checked-in 45 minutes prior to departure. Please allow additional time to pass through Customs and Immigration
* You will be asked to show a valid passport or valid photographic EU national identity card.
* First Class vouchers are issued at check-in
* Norfolkline sails from the Eastern Docks at Dover [CT16 1JA] and the Car Ferry Port in Dunkerque (Port Ouest) [F-59279]

->Norfolkline map of Dover : Click here<-

->Norfolkline map of Dunkerque : Click here<-

me and Ann will be travelling on the same ferry, same time etc....
If its ok could we sleep over at yours too please? :)

Zara

Channel tunnel for me all the way (if I go, not literally all the way lol) :D

zarablackcoupe said:

Zara

Ann is down in Essex so coming back up to mine on the thursday night before passing Essex again friday morning?? Fine with me though ;)

Think I'll be going the same route as the majority - safety in numbers and all that :D

Will let you know when I've booked it :eek:k:

I'll look at booking the same dover/dunkirk route I think. would it be possible to book a night at l'hotel de dal et cherie for a night on the thursday for going down to dover? :)

edit: just going to check with them what the situation would be if I book a car ticket and then want to go on the bike instead as I would like to have a blast in europe on two wheels if possible this year :)

mort666 said:
.. would it be possible to book a night at l'hotel de dal et cherie for a night on the thursday for going down to dover? :)

Not a problem mate - look forward to it! :eek:k:

Dal said:
zarablackcoupe said:

Zara

Ann is down in Essex so coming back up to mine on the thursday night before passing Essex again friday morning?? Fine with me though ;)

yea I spoke with her last night... will double check but I think this is what shes wanting to do....:)

Reckon I'll be on the same time, same place too.

Would I be able to partake of your excellent housing arrangements please Dal? :D

Course you can Jamie :D

I'll add you to the list at the start.

party @ Dal'ss woooo hoooo!!!!
hehe just kidding... I will behave! :D

Who says I'll behave?

:derr:

Has everyone that's planning on taking the Dover - Dunkirk ferry booked it yet?

I don't want to leave it too late then not get on it. But then I don't want to book it, then someone expresses interest in keeping my passenger seat warm.

DON'T BOOK RINGHAUS ROOMS YET!

I'm sending our room needs to Frank at the Ringhaus next sunday and he;ll do us a special deal.

See the Accommodation thread!!!

Yeah Col, saw Dal was booking them in a block booking thing-me-bob at the top of the accommodation thread so I put our names down and left it at that!

I've learnt to always trust Dal to sort these things out :-D

AndyW said:
Has everyone that's planning on taking the Dover - Dunkirk ferry booked it yet?

I don't want to leave it too late then not get on it. But then I don't want to book it, then someone expresses interest in keeping my passenger seat warm.

Not booked yet - might next week though. Still trying to decide how many cars we're taking :oops:

Rest assured, we will book those ferries though.

Back