Nurburg Ring - 24th May - 27th May

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zara

Right this is for serious interest only, not pissing around with people saying yes I might come then changing minds, please ;)

So stick your name up if your interested!

We.v decided on the Ringhaus again as the interest hasnt been great and it'd be nice to do abit of travelling about aswell :)

As before we will be leaving early, more than likely 8am ferry (Dover to Dunkirk) on 24.05.2013 and have a steady drive across...

Saturday - Track Driving/sightseeing

Sunday - Track Driving/sightseeing

Monday - Breakfast and leave for a steady drive back, ferry usually around 6pm

Details of this will be put up at a later date once we have confirmed the date but it will more likly be this weekend we will go :)

Again once confirmed hotel details will be posted and I will try and get it all sorted as I have done before...

Personally Id budget around £600.00 for:

Fuel, (there is a petrol station about a mile away)

Hotel - The Ringhaus

Ferry - http://www.aferry.co.uk/ferrysearch/resultsNew.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

depart dover 8:00am 24/05
depart dunkirk 6:00pm 27/05

Food/Drink

Lap Tickets:

1 lap Nordschleife:
26,- €
4 laps Nordschleife:
97,- €
9 laps Nordschleife:
202,- €
25 laps Nordschleife:
499,- €
Annual ticket Nordschleife 2013:
1.475,- €

I'll probs stay in a hotel near to Dover the Friday night to save the drive down.

will get links, info and other shit up in time :)

So if you fancy it stick your name down :)

ATTENDEES

Zara - Minibox
Ross (spike) - Focus ST500
Sparx?
RyanG - FRP
Paulob1 - FRP and whatever else he finds
Mort666 - Bike

Rooms

Zara - Double - BOOKED
Ross - Single - BOOKED
Paulob1 - nearly BOOKED
Ginger Tom - Double - BOOKED
RyanG - Staying elsewhere

ooh, I better check site as I didn't realise they have finally seen the light and reinstated another ticket i.e. the new 9 lap one.

I will have a look at the Ring' site and confirm if I will be attending as I usually like to get a full 4 day track visit in depending on the time of the year although 9 laps seems a decent amount for the trip your preferring Zara. 25 laps is a bit of a push to be honest even on my usual longer trips as I don't like to push my luck too much plus I have the RX this time so may decide on only 4 laps :lol:

As for hotels, I stayed in a nice one on my last trip, very pleasant owners and was in a nice village around 20 minutes away iirc. Petrol station was less than a mile away next to another hotel which was a dump (the hotel). I will check the former
one as it seems very popular around the time you want to go.

Had a quick check of prices and it's around £53 a for 1 person and £75-£85 a night for 2 which is a good bit more than I paid last time as I stayed there in April or was it may....I forget :lol: Here's the link to the hotel if you fancy a gander. http://www.bockshahn.de/hotel.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just checked the Ring' opening times and they're crap so far this year. Only decent times are when I usually go but even that seems much earlier in he year as it's the end of March beginning of april when it's open 4 full days in a row. Wonder if they change their bank holidays as I can't remember going that early before.

I need to do some thinking........

Thinking more going the weekend before due to openeing times...

Leaving Friday 24th May and returning Monday 27th so we have two full days driving time...

Reet dates for opening have ben released..

The original dates were gonne be no good as the track would only be open for one full day so we have brought this forward a week

to leave on the Friday, track is open from 08:00 - 19:00 on both Saturday and Sunday.

I will be looking to book a hotel but the end of February at the latest so if anyone else is interested then I will need to know by

FRIDAY 22ND FEBRUARY

Right then I need to know fordefinate whos coming by next week ideally.
As theres not much interest wev decided to stay at the Ringhaus and travel for food, the weekend wer going isnt booked which is good

Link to prices etc:

http://www.ringhaus.com/hotel_en/public/public.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bit of info from an RS owner..

Spike I will be already there, staying at the Pilkenplast just down the road, will pop up for a beer.

I'm organising a massive meal at the Pilkenplast on Friday night if you fancy it?
Steak on a Stone mmmmmmmm.

Just to warn you its the International RS meet @ ring that weekend, so its going to be full of performance Ford metal.

Meal sounds good :)

Does indeed, fingers crossed therel be plenty of nice decent RS's there aswell rather than the lump of hideous crap they have now :D

More than likely be booking this ferry:

leaving at 8:00am
return at 6:00pm

Dover to Dunkirk - £45 per person

http://www.aferry.co.uk/ferrysearch/resultsNew.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zara, am looking at diary and may be able to make this...I would likely trail my car there, or maybe bring two...would be fun to do the ring....see how the old girls handle a bit of german track.....9 laps sounds good but what happens if they close the ring as I hear they do from time to time. If we cannot get our full laps in on a day, can we keep the tickets for day two...or some other time.

if I bring the truck I can likely carry at least two maybe three cars at a pinch...likely I will bring one of the new turbo cars...and maybe bring the scooby too.. will have to check with me little lady, shes the diary manager...

Ok mate, what type of room will you require?

They only shut the Ring for events, which our weekend is event free

or

if someone crashes but its only closed until its cleared :)

a trailor lol the mini is going to be so hard by the time this comes round i may hoy the mini on the back of it :lol:

Back