Nurburgring 3rd-6th July 2009 travel thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know how much fuel we are allowed Ross?

Don't think it'd be much cheaper would it?

Besides, it'll be scary filling up over there :?

spike. said:
dont forget we cant fill right up, as shouldnt be upto brim on the boat!

Is fuel much cheaper on the other side?

I've been over quite a few times and nobody has ever checked how much petrol I've got in the car.. :?

I don't think there is much in it these days cost wise..

(See page 2 of the pdf)

http://www.theaa.com/onlinenews/allabou" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ay2009.pdf

23. Which is the closest petrol station to Dunkerque terminal?

The nearest petrol station to the car ferry terminal in Dunkerque is close to the 'Auchan Flandres Littoral' hypermarket. Easy to reach (Motorway A16 - Exit 25A), it is open 24 hours a day.

think the fuel restriction is for the tunnel, sorry, remember reading it when I was looking at info before!

uk 1.15e = 97.7p
france 1.22e = 1.03p
belguim 1.28e = 1.09p
germany 1.26e = 1.07p

so seems from the AA info in may is cheaper in UK

French driving laws have changed. From 1 October 2008, all vehicles driven in France, including vehicles registered outside of France, MUST have one Hi-Viz reflective jacket and one warning triangle in their vehicle. The reflective jacket has to conform to EU standard and must be inside the car – not in the boot. On the spot fines varying between €90 and €135 will apply.

Dont forget your spare bulb kit, and a euro sticker on the back.\

http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... p?prod=674

Don't forget to read this:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The thread Spike started on essential info for Euro driving. No point putting it all up again in here...

AndyW said:
Besides, it'll be scary filling up over there :?

It won't be that scary will it? just look for the right handle at the pumps, generally green as in the UK as far as I remember. if you follow that, the worst that can happen is that you get super-unleaded, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, only to your wallet :lol:

I've never had a problem taking a full tank of fuel in the bike onto ferries before. With the exchange rate I would expect the continent to be more expensive than the UK for fuel at the moment, but hopefully not by too much :)

I could never understand the priority to the right (oncoming traffic) on a roundabout in France, seems a bit silly that a car could launch itself straight into a roundabout without looking and you could be at fault if you hit it. The thought of stopping on a roundabout for someone fills me with thoughts of being rear ended quite a lot if you stop at the wrong time.

I'll just be content with being given the bird (in french) for not stopping for peeps...lol

Can I just suggest...

we meet at the petrol station....which Dal has posted a link to

Point A in the map linked below (Docks are Point B)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_...&t=h&z=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

at 6:30 - 6:45am?

Giving everyone plenty of time for arrival and get petrol if needed, also can I assume either Spike or Mort666 will be leading the convoy?

(sorry im just wanting to finalise things so we all know what the crack is lol)

think you've just made the decision.

ferry departs at 8am, and they require a minium of 45mins to check in.

Vehicles need to be at the port to complete the check-in process a minimum of 45 minutes prior to the sailing departure, during busy periods please allow up to 1 hour and 30 mins.Please note that port security and immigration checks occur prior to check-in at Dover Port, while after check-in at Dunkerque Port.

Between me & Mort, we'll sort out leading, and keeping the convoy together. just remember drive on the right, its most confusing about citys, but most of our route is on the motorways.

can people read the FAQ about the ferry >>>> linky clicky

Thats what I was thinking and if we left around 7:00-7:15ish.. that would give us plenty time :)

Is this concrete then?

Everyone ok with these plans?

a blue one perhaps?
a silver one?
a red one?
a black one?

LOL!!!

zarablackcoupe said:
Is this concrete then?

curing-concrete-block.jpg

looks like concrete to me :p

Well that concrete block sez it all lol!!

6:30am week come friday it is then :D

Sounds good to me! :eek:k:

I think we should aim to leave at 6:45 for the ferry though. As it does say to allow 1hr 30 mins during busy periods (July is going to be busy), and I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not missing that boat.

I'll go along with anything, it's merely a suggestion. But we're supposed to be on holiday - I don't want to be panicking and rushing around.

To be honest I've been on the ferry from Dover a few times and I doubt there will be a need to leave extra early at that time of the morning.

I'll also have to try and meet you somewhere on the ferry as they normally load the bikes before the cars so I may end up on a different deck if it's a big ferry :)

Ok Paul :eek:k: I'm just one of those people that hates being/running late :(

So don't be surprised if I look impatient, get agitated or am clock watching on that friday morning. I won't relax until me and the Red Rocket are on that ferry :hmm:

When I've been on with a bike before they have a nice little area with eye bolts in the floor to tie them down, luckily never been rough enough to worry about the bike falling down...lol

Do you need any straps Paul???...I have a load I could bring - nice and small but strong as hell - they were used to strap a bike on to a trailer I bought years ago in Norwich, the bike stayed on the trailer even doing - ahem - a little more than the speed limit. The guy I bought the bike from (CJ Balls) was kind enough to say keep the straps.

Back