Nurburgring 3rd-6th July 2009 travel thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, speed limits all the way :eek:k:

If the French and other foreign Policeman see 10 cars in convoy all speeding, it's a nice pay out for them. Plus the fact that we're British (except Zara :p ) then they'd relish it even more.

Besides, no-one can afford the on the spot fines...

Can whoever is leading the "cat-pack" please bear in mind that Ant's car can only manage 5mpg?... So he'll need to fill up with fuel every half an hour (about as often as I'll need the toilet).

And his car can only use the super-unleaded stuff.

Cheers! :eek:k:

erm.... I am British you cheeky little bastard :p

just you wait.......

I think he'll be OK with the super unleaded, especially if we are using the motorways on the way there. I wont have as much range as the pumas anyway so I'll be looking to stop at least every 100 miles or so anyway (I can get around 150-170 from a tank but will need to rest my bum too :lol:) but happy to stop more often if needs be. there's no need to race too fast as we'll be landing in dunkirk early enough for a nice steady run to the ring :)

The speed limits are a bit higher on some of the motorways over there but I'm happy sticking to them. Some of them are around 80mph max.

do i.... :cry:

hehehe... just kidding.. your just jealous of my tan! :p :lol:

Amanda was born in Germany, her dad was in the Army and served there until she was about 12.

Do you need GB stickers for your boot does anyone know?

yes you do Matt... although if you have the GB badge on your number plate then you dont

Im getting magnetic ones

DradusContact said:
Do you need GB stickers for your boot does anyone know?

Yes, or on your numberplate. Nothing needed on the front.

Think ill just buy a sticker/magnet one rather than buying number plates. Dont fancy having a dirty EU flag on my plate all the time.

Can I just ask.....

About the meeting place on Friday morning... where are we meeting as I cant see any details (dunno if its just me being blind lol)

anyone got any details.. someone mentioned a petrol station at the bottom of a bank in Dover lol

Postcode etc...? lol

There are a few decent layby's but had a quick look at where I stayed down there and we could always meet in the car park on Russell Street or alternatively if my memory serves me well, the swimming baths car park on St James Street although that's smaller. (Hoping it's still a swimming baths...lol)

Tis only a stone throw from the docks.

dont forget we cant fill right up, as shouldnt be upto brim on the boat!

Is fuel much cheaper on the other side?

Back