Nurburgring 3rd-6th July 2009 travel thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just renewed my car insurance and got 1 years Euro and UK recovery / Home etc for £49 so thought I might as well seeing as the old banger is getting on a bit.

:D

Dal said:
I just renewed my car insurance and got 1 years Euro and UK recovery / Home etc for £49 so thought I might as well seeing as the old banger is getting on a bit.

:D

Stop calling it an old banger, might hear you!

I just did a quote with the AA and it will be £31 for breakdown cover, worth it really when you consider the distance involved. Just need to check if my insurance covers me now.

Edit: Just checked and all UK policies include basic euro cover too, which is a bonus. So its just the breakdown cover i need to sort.

Not sure whether this will effect anyone at all but I know on my bike policy I get covered for 30 days in europe each year, but there is a little catch.

I only get the same level of cover as in the UK if I inform them that I'll be going on the trip in advance and let thm know which countries I'm likely to be travelling through. If I just head off across the channel without telling them, I'll still be covered but on third party only no matter what the standard UK cover is.

Ah, didn't know this Paul...

Will be calling my insurance company anyway a few days before we set off, to make them aware that the car's going on the continent.

Starting to get very scared now :pinkeye:

AndyW said:
Starting to get very scared now :pinkeye:

There, there - no need to be scared.. Zara will take care of you..

lol.... oh dear....

I was hoping hed take care of me..:p LOL!!

lol, there's nowt to be scared of is there? then again, I thought that last time I went through Germany on the bike, but that didn't stop me getting nervous when the border guards decided to pick my bike out of the group of 10 or so for a spot check :D

I think they were just being extra cautious that year with people as it was when the world cup was on in Germany and we were heading to Baden Baden where the england team were camped :D

I just got insurance today (Friday) and am covered for Europe but need to inform them when I'm going so they can send me a green card - whatever that is...lol

As for breakdown I got that free but which was nice which included roadside and recovery but only for the UK. Might have to look into the AA one for £31 but I'm sceptical about that covering Europe as other quotes I got were a lot more....will check as I may be wrong.

Following on from this thread:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=4355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

..we shall unfortunately no longer be going to the Nurburgring this year.

If somebody would like to take over as far as Ringhaus contact, lead convoyer is concerned, then please feel free to PM me and I'll share all the info I have.

Sorry for letting you all down, but I just can't afford it now.

looks like everyone is taking the same ferry! :)

RE radios...

did someone say they already had a set of PMR (think thats what they are!) ones?

As I said in the other thread... I purpose we take the same route, and have regular catch up points for us slow people, who dont wanna max it on the autobahns!

those who have been before, is there a recommended route, or do we just follow TOMTOM?

This way is the way I went before:

->Route to the ring from Dunkirk<-

There are plenty of places to stop and meet up - but there shouldn't be any need to 'loose' people in the first place. We managed about 10 pumas in convoy and never lost anyone at any point.

We came back ->this way<- through the mountains.

Im for sticking to 70ish and taking our time. When we get to the autobahn there is no reason why we cant try a bit of top speed testing like, but i dont wanna race all the way there.

Well I'll be following whoevers in front lol... :lol:

As for speed limits, Theyr quite strict over there so i'll be definately sticking to those....

Latest posts

Back