Nurburgring 3rd-6th July 2009 travel thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we planning on any night driving?

In July hours of darkness are about 8.30pm to 03:50am (based upon sunset sunrise times) and in GMT

This will 2hrs later, as europe is an hour ahead, and we;ll be in BST rather than GMT,

so dark about 1030pm, light again at about 6am

spike. said:
google maps reckons about 4hrs from nurberg to dunkirk.

2. How can I change my booking?
Norfolkline does not allow changes to be made to your booking online. If you have booked directly with us, either online or via our call centre, please contact our call centres on +44 (0) 844 847 5007 (Dover - Dunkerque bookings - Amendment fee £20/€30 ), You will also need to pay any difference in fare between what you have already paid and the price of the new sailing.

I'm gonna leave my booking as it is now, gonna take a trip into Belgium as I said and fill up my car with duty free crap. I normally take a trip once a year to dover anyway so will save me the trouble and Belgium is a lot cheaper than the ferry so the savings will probably pay for most of the trip. :-D

Gonna check the time/distance on my Tomtom for Dunkerque to the Nurb when I can be arsed...lol

As for night driving Spike, I don't think that will be happening except for when you get back into England for your journey back home depending how long you are from Dover...I'm about 300+ miles if I remember correctly so definately night driving for me.

going to book the ferry on Friday coming. I'll be booking for the bike I think, especially as my bike trip to scotland with some mates this year looks like it will now be cancelled.

Hopefully any night driving will be only in the UK as come night time at the ring I'll most likely be in the bar :lol:

I might have to see if I can call in on my big sister on the way back in essex as I don't fancy doing from the ring to home in one day especially as we will most likely be taking a longer route to the ferry, or taking a detour to visit somewhere else first. I can't see us getting up on the Monday morning and just driving the quickest route to dunkirk and nothing else :)

We probably won't leave until noonish on the Monday to get back to Dunkirk, so plenty of time to nosey about for a few hours.

People are welcome to stay at ours again on Monday night if they like before heading home Tuesday morning by the way :eek:k:

Cool. I have heard the public roads near the ring are worth having a play on too.

I might take you up on the offer of the place to stay on the Monday night if it won't be putting you out too much. I don't fancy the full trip in one day on the way back, plus I can also call in to see a mate on the Tuesday who is only just up near peterborough too :)

I was thinking about getting some duty free stuff while I was there, but will it be such a good deal with the crap eruo/£ rate? :(

The roads near the ring are awesome! It's up in the mountains remember.

Not a problem staying monday night :eek:k:

I'm hoping the £/E will be better come the summer too.

There we go, all booked!

Not sure whether I'm going to drive straight back on Monday night or stay over yet Dal, but I won't just turn up on your doorstep without fore-warning ;)

I might avail myself of your hospitality again Dal if that's ok. I'm planning to drive back on Monday night but will probably be best to see how I feel on the day. If I do stay I'll be turning up a couple of hours after you have all landed as I'm sure your aware that I booked a later return ferry. (By accident but fortunately beneficial for my time Duty Free shopping...lol)

I'm sorting a room elsewhere for the way back home... thanks for the offer Dal :D

Hi everyone

As you'll be passing by, Dal and I discussed to make a stop in a petrol station in Belgium.

As I live in Belgium, I know my places here around, certainly the roads you have to pass by, as I have to drive it every weekend, going to my BF :D .

Anyway, I picked out a petrol station in Leuven.

How / Where? It's on the road E40 Brussels - Luik. After 15 min you will see there's another road crossing the E40, the E314 Aken/Hasselt/Genk. You have to take that exit, but instead of staying on the right, you have to stay on the left, and follow the signs of 'petrol,food etc'. That's the petrol station, where you can eat, fill up your car, ... It's a Shell petrol station, but pretty expensive. So if there is an interest in fill up the car cheap, I can guide you to a cheaper one, by following my car 8)

Few I hope you understand my information. I will make pic's and maps later one.

Regz

Thanks Regz! Shell will be me fine thanks!

A map will be great so we know we're in the right place!

Look forward to saying hello :eek:k:

Okay, last night I saw that it isn't a Shell petrol station anymore, it has been changed into a 'Texaco' petrol station, FYI 8)

As long as they have Super Unleaded (98 / 99 RON) then it'll do me.

I'm considering an extended trip after the ring to take in a little more of europe with hopefully a week in Spain to catch some well earned r & r.
Wish I'd thought about it earlier to sort the ferry time's out a little better but luckily it's only a cheap part of the trip so no loss really.
Just hope the Pu is still running ok by then and can take the long trip after a good thrashing round the ring...lol

Back