Nurburg Ring Trip - 11th-14th June

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Right this is for serious interest only, not pissing around with people saying yes I might come then changing minds, please :)
So stick your name up if your interested! :eek:k:

Right well with the shitty opening times, weve decided on the definate dates:

Saturday 11th June travelling out from Dover - Dunkirk - 8:00am Ferry

Tuesday 14th June travelling out from Dinkirk - Dover - 18:01 Ferry

We will meet at the petrol station in Dover nearest to the terminal, as we did in 2009 - theres a small car park which should be sufficient for our group to park while everyone gathers.

The track is open:

Saturday - 17:30 - 19:00
Sunday - 8:00 - 19:00
Monday - 8:00 - 19:00

so some good opportunities there...

We all had a great time and a good laugh in 2009 when we went and its an awesome holiday for the enthusiast aswell as a nice little village of Nurburg to walk around.

I have emailed Frank at the Ringhaus Hotel which is less than 5mins away from the Ring entrance and enquired about prices so I will update accordingly with that.

I want to have all known attendees confirmed by March 10th at the very latest so I can confirm the accommdation!!

Link attached below for Ringhaus

As for the ferry I have attached a link below with the details of the ferry a few of us will definately be catching.

The route over there will be in spike (Ross's) hands and hopefully will be travelling a similar route to our journey back to dunkirk as it's more fun and scenic :)

Ferry Link:
http://www.norfolkline.co.uk/Ferry/SelectFare.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ringhaus Link:

http://www.ringhaus.com/hotel_en/public/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

any other questions feel free to ask and either myself or Ross will happily answer if we can :)

Definates

1 x single – 45 x 3 - 135 - Zara

1 x triple 105 x 3 - 315 - Andy, Chris, Ant

1 x double 85 x 3 - 255 - Ross, Stacey

1 x twin 85 x 3 - 255 - Shaz, Shaz dad

My poor Puma :(

I'M IN!!!!....lol :happee:

Might see how the digs are at the place I'm going to in April are and the price Frank comes back with before deciding where I stay (Yes, I'm that tight!!...lol). Also, and I know I shouldn't say this, but I will have to see how the Puma is after it's 15 lap thrashing. Not sure the old thing will be able to take so much abuse if I don't sort out the bits and bobs with it.

Worse case scenario, I'll buy another car, so I'M IN!!!!...lol :happee:

and a grumble...how expensive are the bloody ferries getting....sheesh :x

let us know the digs of the place your staying at mate and I can get a price off them as another option please :) :eek:k:

It's in the other thread as I posted a link to the hotel so people could see if it was any good but I went through a company called HRS (Google it) when I booked it and they were cheaper than going direct although a direct message to them may not harm.

Edit:- Here's the hotel I'm staying at in April.
http://www.bockshahn.de/hotel.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By first impressions the rooms look much bigger than Franks which I prefer as it was a little cramped for me and Liam there. I know it's nowhere near as close but that suits me too as I enjoyed the run in/out everyday last year which meant I saw other places and this one is only about 20 minutes away or something so not too far imo.

Ant and my other mate Chris have confirmed they would like to join us lot :)

If that's ok with everyone else?

Can you add them to list please munchkin?

Can I just confirm about the petrol station that we're meeting at in Dover? When I went to Dover a couple of months ago, there is actually another BP petrol station nearer the terminal.

So, if we're meeting at the same one as in 2009, it's the first one that you come to when you drop down into Dover - BP on the left hand side, just off a roundabout.

This is the exact weekend that we have planned our trip for the year. That's me (Ross) with FRP 441, burfyboy (maybe in frp77) Adam is a track puma, possible Alan in his frp plus some others. Gonna be a quality weekend!

RESTELL said:
This is the exact weekend that we have planned our trip for the year. That's me (Ross) with FRP 441, burfyboy (maybe in frp77) Adam is a track puma, possible Alan in his frp plus some others. Gonna be a quality weekend!
That'll add to the Puma visibility at that weekend a lot even if we all get there in different groups. Have to get a big spot down the bottom of the field when we're all there lapping/watching so we can all have a mooch at the cars and chat etc, we can hide the non-puma's in the middle....lol :eek:k:

AndyW said:

Be nice to catch up with Ant and meet your other mate. Has Ant still got his beastie GT-Four?? If he has, ask him if I can be a co-driver in one of his laps just to see the animal go (the car...lol) as the speed it left me on a straight in 2009 was gobsmacking and awesome to see. He can co-pilot me in return if he wants a more serene lap to see some scenery....lol.

RESTELL said:

Thats awesome Ross!
Where abouts have you booked accommodation and how much? maybe worth us having a look in :)

yippeekiay said:
AndyW said:

Be nice to catch up with Ant and meet your other mate. Has Ant still got his beastie GT-Four?? If he has, ask him if I can be a co-driver in one of his laps just to see the animal go (the car...lol) as the speed it left me on a straight in 2009 was gobsmacking and awesome to see. He can co-pilot me in return if he wants a more serene lap to see some scenery....lol.

you mean the big fat ugly barge?! :lol:
aye its still hideously sitting on the drive :lol:

http://www.ringhaus.com/hotel_en/public/public.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hotel looks pretty empty for our dates, rooms starting from 255 Euro/215GBP per 2 (twin/double room) for the 3 nights which TBH id be quite happy to pay...

The price includes Breakfast and tax
I have emailed the Ringhaus main email address and will see if I can conjure up a deal for us... could people confirm that the details below would be correct?

Zara/Andy - Double - correct
Ant/Chris - Twin - correct
Ross/Stacey - Double - correct
Yip/Sibling - Twin??

Had an email back from the Ringhaus this mornng :)

they still have rooms for upto 50 people, I have provisionally said we'd need 4 rooms (2 x double, 2 x twin) although I have informed them that I have allowed until March 10th for confirmation.

Just checking a few things with them 1st so will keep you all updated :)

Yeah, sorry Zara, I forgot to say last night that I wanna see what the hotel is like in April as I'll probably just book while I'm there for June if it's as described. If it's crap then I'll be looking elsewhere but it's reviews are excellent so should be revisiting it - unless it gets booked for June before I get there.

Think I'll most probably be there on my tod but will see if our Liam wants to go again - as I said before I've told him he has to stump up his hotel costs, then again, I might just stump up the hotel cost for him on the second (June) trip as it'll only be an extra 60 euros or less to get a double room over me getting a single if I went on my own which is peanuts tbh. But he's still paying for the April trip....lol

nee bother mate, will book a room less, if yours is nee good can always ask if theres rm at the RH if ya need it :eek:k:

Gona provisionally book our rooms at the end of this week if thats ok with everyone..

Still have until March 10 for final confirmation :)

Our Liam will be tagging along now. The little toe-rag says he has no money (spending it on the piss-up is my guess) and says he'll have none in time for the trip in April but I said I'd pay for both trips for his Birthday - yeah, he ain't getting them for bugger all as he should keep to his commitments....lol. Not a bad present I don't think, 2 trips to the Ring'....lol.

Tis a shame as he was working a few weeks back but for some reason they gave a 'fat lass', as our Liam calls her, a permanent job and he's basically sick cover which isn't much use to him. He'll probably fret now if the trips are when he has to sign on as he'll lose his dole for those days....lol.

Bloody Kids!!! ;)

Zara, can you add Shaz please and put him down for a twin room?

He's my mate that used to own FRP272 (used to be 'Gill' on Pumapeople, and has attended a couple of meets in the past) and who now has a 350Z.

Twin room please as either his Dad or friend will be tagging along with him. Even if he just comes on his own, he will still have and pay for the twin room (he knows we're not to be messed around with all of this).

He has confirmed that he will come.

Hope this is ok with everyone? :?

Back