Nurburg Ring Trip - 11th-14th June

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only just discovered this great idea! I'll be honest, I'm not going to make up my mind before this offer ends, so would have to ask if I could just book the same times etc as you and tag along?

Q's...

How much fuel, ballpark are we talking about for a 1.7 bog standard? I get about 300 miles from a mix of high-steady m/way and brisk b-roads. How many £k's would the fuel be!

Will there be any mechanical-minded peeps incase it breaks somehow and we have to bodgCunningly repair something?

Fully up for saving for a few months and doing this!

We wont be racing there at any great great speed and sticking to the speed limits... Most of the autobans have a speed limit on the way to the Nurburg, cant think why lol

Would be great to have you along.

Its about 450KM (280miles) from Dunkirk to Nurburg.

A lap of the ring (13miles) will cost you ...

PRICES 2011:
1 lap: € 24,00
4 laps: € 89,00, incl. € 10,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket
15 laps: € 310,00, incl. € 20,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket
25 laps: € 470,00, incl. € 30,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket

Don't forget that you will use a LOT of fuel on the laps. I actually roughly budget for a mere 15mpg per lap but it may even be lower than that.....all depends on how you drive them...lol.

My plan is to buy 25 laps worth next month to cover my own trip and this one which is a fair bit of juice worth....lol.

As for coming to the aid in the case of a problem with any of the cars...I'm sure there is enough know how between us that we could solve most issues except for anything severe. I take every tool in the book along with me as it's in the car permanently anyway (except when I do my laps...lol). I have all oils and fluids, bulbs, fuses, plugs, leads, coilpack, discs, pads, wheel bearings and god knows what else. Most importantly I have my credit card which will get me out of any trouble if needed (touch wood it isn't) ;)

As a last note. I did roughly 1600 miles last year. That included travelling to/from Teeside which is well North and included 8 laps and travelling to/from my hotel for 4 days which was about 25 miles each way I think.

Hotel, zara, andy & I are staying at about 1/4 mile from ring, but as Yip says the laps will use a lot more than normal driving.

ok, so I'll budget a tank per lap (although I have no race experience, so will prob just drive 'fast for me'. Can still then say I;ve done it etc and be happy with that! I presume there's a bank account emptier nearby the track or similar? (fuel pump)

Can imagine I'll bring a toolkit (fairly comprehensive), oil, plugs, aa card with european cover (or is that cheating).

Need to do some budgeting lol, got another holiday in sept, clutch, and daily fuel! Could be done though. I'm thinking £1.5k after hotel ferry booking and lap purchase, reckon I could have some fun with that?

Not a tank per lap...lol. Just a gallon should be enough...ehhe.

IIRC when I was doing mine last year I was putting around 10 euros in then doing a lap then putting another 10 in etc etc. Whatever was left at the end of the day got me to my digs and back which was about 40-50 miles last year. Doing that everyday only saw me in the red on one occasion as I forgot to put in my 10 euros for one lap which resulted in arse twitching but a nice sedate enjoyable lap to make sure I didn't conk out and get a towing charge...lol.

£1500 is MORE than enough. That's roughly what I'll be spending on TWO trips in total to include all petrol for both trips, 2 return ferry tickets, 25 laps, 8 nights in total for 2 people and probably most of the food to boot. My budget comes to around £1800 for the 2 trips but that's including for a LOT of duty free ;)

There's ATM's close to the Ring anyway. Not sure how close but I used one in Adenau which isn't far away (10 minutes or so)and probably closer ones.

We're staying at the Ringhaus Hotel.

See post one for a link.

Read also this thread... http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds do-able. Cheers Spike, I'll email them next week at work.

Need to start saving now! And get my ruddy clutch and brakes done!

http://www.ringhaus.com/hotel_en/public/public.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hotel looks pretty empty for our dates, rooms starting from 255 Euro/215GBP per 2 (twin/double room) for the 3 nights which TBH id be quite happy to pay...

The price includes Breakfast and tax

beko1987 said:
Sounds do-able. Cheers Spike, I'll email them next week at work.

Need to start saving now! And get my ruddy clutch and brakes done!

Hi there,

Ive emailed to amend rooms anyways mate, if you want me to add you to the list I can do that if you wish?

do you require a double/twin ?

I'll only need a single, but won't be able to pay until next month now.

I'll probably book the hotel and ferry on payday, then I have no excuse to not go! You'll get a PM next month Zara, just incase you can still amend. Don't want to make promises I can't keep!

Need to work out which bits of my detailing gear to bring to keep the old girl looking tip-top through the trip!

The hotel is pay on arrival, and the ferry just do when you can.

Save weight leave the detailing gear at home! lol

no problem Beko...

Our booking confirmation:

BOOKING CONFIRMATION

Dear Zara

I hereby confirm the following booking:

Arrival 11.06 2011, check-in after 12:00

Departure 14.06 2011, check-out before 12:00

Quantity

1 x single – 45 x 3 - 135 - Zara

1 x triple 105 x 3 - 315 - Andy, Chris, Ant

1 x double 85 x 3 - 255 - Ross, Stacey

1 x twin 85 x 3 - 255 - Shaz, Shaz dad

,-- incl. breakfast and VAT,

The total price of your stay is 960.00 €

We are looking forward to see you in the Ringhaus "Altes Forsthaus St. Hubertus" at the Nordschleife.

Best Regards

Your Ringhaus Team

BOOKED AND CONFIRMED.

heres some pricing info

Ring lap ticket prices

Nurburgring lap ticket prices increased in 2011 and the 8-lap ticket was discontinued. A single lap ticket increased by 9% over the 2010 price and multi-lap tickets increased by an average of 22%. Multi-lap tickets include food/drink credits to spend at the Eifeldorf Grune Holle restaurant opposite the Nurburgring Ring at Werk centre near the GP track. The restaurant at the Nordschleife uses credits that have to be loaded onto your card.
1 lap €24
4 laps €89 inc €10 food
15 laps €310 inc €20 food
25 laps €470 inc €30 food
Jahreskarte (see below) €1,350 inc €100 food
Note that all tickets are valid for a calendar year only. Lap credits expire at 31st December and there are no refunds.

Costs for a weekend at the Ring

If you want to get an idea of all-in costs for a weekend trip, for a 'standard' weekend (out Fri, full day Saturday, half-day Sunday, return Sun afternoon/eve) from London by car, the costs look something like this:

Channel crossing: Varies, but say typically £120
Petrol en-route: Typically 2 x £100 = £200
Petrol for the Ring: Say £100
Bed-and-breakfast per person: £50 per night x 2 = £100
Food: 2 x dinner, 2 x lunch, food en-route, beer = £100
Total = approx £620, plus laps as above.

In terms of Euros, you can use credit and debit cards for petrol, Ring tickets and food (in most places) but you'll want cash for accommodation costs and miscellaneous bits & pieces. It's usually cheapest to get cash at a local cash-machine.

Optional extras available at additional cost include armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter rides. I recommend avoiding these. If you can't, then the following price-list may help:

Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
Replacing armco post: €39 each
Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT)
Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)
Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT.

The record armco bill I'm aware of is €15,000. That was a car that managed to flatten a very impressive length of armco between the Quiddlebacher Hohe bridge and the crest on the approach to Flugplatz. But even a minor bump can turn into a surprisingly expensive day out.

UPDATE

Any further queries regarding this trip couldyou please pass on to Ross (spike).

As stated the hotel is booked and ready for arrival. Confirmed so no more additions.

Well, I 'm all but confirmed now! Booked the days off work, need to start saving now! And hope my car's in a fit enough state for the trip & laps!

Zara reckoned budget £600 all in, but thats varable depending on how many lap/how much you eat/drink

£600 is pretty much my budget tbh. Will only do a few laps, but then I'm not really coming along just for that. Never done anything like this before, so will be an epic road trip, be a nice chance to look around the ring etc, chat to all you lot, go out in the evening etc.

I'll be bringing £600 minimum, anything else is either pocket money or proceeds from dodgy dealings...

Latest posts

Back