Nurburg Ring Trip - 11th-14th June

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I'm only getting a 4 lap ticket, only did one lap last time... Will be a good trip :)

Have a look here>>> http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/webcams.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and have a look at the links on the right hand side

Ha! On the phone to Adrian Flux to check my cover, and I'm fine for European Driving for 30 days, but the attractive sounding lass on the phone has no idea what or where the Ring is! (Remember a clause in my old insurance

On hold for a supervisor who hopefully knows more than her! :roll:

Ah, not insured for the Ring, better get googling for 3rd party insurance!

just checked mine, its only 3rd party abroad, but they can issue a green card, for trip, to give fully compressive.

this is also stated...

General exceptions...

Any liability, loss or damage resulting from use of your car at any event which your car may be driven on a motor racing track, de-restricted toll road, airfield or at any off road event or on the Nurburgring.

Funny you should post that Spike, I;ve been reading this thread:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=18&t=196929" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bit old but lots of useful information.

Also read my insurance docs and...

"The policy does not cover use of hiring, the letting on hire, the carriage of passengers or goods for hire or reward, racing, pacemanking, use in any contest, reliability or speed trial or use for any purpose in connection with the motor trade, except in clause 6 above"

Clause 6 is the Social, Domestic and Pleasure clause (I walk to work so not insured for commuting... :eek:k:) (When I park my car in the work carpark when we've been having work done to the house, on saturdays, does that count as commuting?

We're going on public days aren't we, so technically I'll be covered under my 3rd Party F&F insurance as normal (meaning I'll have to pay through the ar*e for any ring property damage, and will loose the Puma, but if anyone drives into me I'm covered.

Again, I'm not aiming to spank it round the track and try to beat Sabine in the transit, just wanna say I've been.

Will do some more reading, but I'm slightly confident I'll be ok.

Still tempted to come even if I don't drive around the ring, will still be a nice cruise to Germany and back!

You know how far you need to bend over yet Yippiee?

Paul, just been reading through the thread again, and only just spotted that you said it would be good to see Ant again and my mate Chris :lol:

Anyways, Ant says your more than welcome to go as a passenger in the GT-4. It should be running around the 300-330 mark by the time we go out there.

But Chris' car is something else. It's a Evo VI Tommi Makkinen Edition. Highly tuned to around 576 bhp on high boost and still around 450bhp on low boost. I went in it for the first time yesterday - it was awesome. It's a car that attracts lots of attention, is very low (the ferry might be a problem), and is very, very loud. It will dominate the Ring.

It's going to be hilarious :-D

beko1987 said:
Also Spike, may I ask which hotel? Or just the price per night would be cool so I can do some bits in Excel.

Are you definitly coming? When do reckon you;ll know for sure? booked the ferry yet?

Just got my pay slip, and it's not looking good. Didn't do as much overtime as I thought I would. Added to the fact that I need a new clutch, brakes, wheel bearing and tyres I think I'm going to have to drop out.

Sorry for asking so many questions and bailing, although I hope the info on this thread helps others answer their questions.

Zara - thanks for the offer but I'm going to have to decline. Hopefully someone else can take you up on it, or you can pull the money together and go!

The main clincher is the insurance. Although many people it seems have gone un-insured and been fine, I wouldn't be able to pay back the massive bill if anything did go wrong, and coupled with my lack of foreign driving experience I think it would be a bad idea. The concensus is that the insurance would pay out should anything happen, but then chase me through the courts afterwards, which would kill me!

Look forward to seeing the pictures later in the year!

Haven't had a quote yet, but tried a few places (details are at work atm, can't remember off my head) and they wouldn't even quote me (1 years no claims, 3 points for speeding, only insured 3rd party F&T), so it's not looking good.

Plus, I've never driven abroad before, bit nervous and worried that I'm biting off more than I can chew.

Noticed today that the ferry crossing has been reduced to £45 return so jumped in quick and saved a good few quid. Along with my Quidco cashback of course which brings it down to £41.85 ;)

Therefore:- Confirmed booked as per times on first post ;)

Sorry Ross. I wasn't going to book it until nearer the time anyway but noticed it had dropped so had to jump in while I could as it was actually £3 less than I paid for my earlier trip. (Ack, daren't go on the site and check the prices for in 2 weeks in case they dropped too...lol :? )

Tis unusual that the offer or reduced price comes a few months after the initial rates as I'd have thought they'd put the cheaper price first to draw in bookings then have a normal price - as you paid - then only reduce them VERY close to the day if they're short on passengers.

EDIT:- Couldn't contain myself so just checked my booking for in a fortnight and they are WAY higher so relieved there. Also must mean they're well booked up and are now charging a huge premium especially for a late crossing which is a turnaround from previous years when late/early was by far the cheapest.

Back