Nurburgring 3rd-6th July 2009 travel thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red rocket?!!! HAHAHA...oh dear!

so is 6:30 ok then? leave for 7:00? im sure this will be more than enough time

right so aim to be at the petrol station at 6:30 am next Friday

Leave at 7:00 or as soon as everyone arrives :D

I think I should be OK for straps Paul mate, cheers for the offer though. I'm hoping it's one of the nice new ferries which have little channels to run the bike into so they don't even need to use the stand, Just wedge it into the slot and use a single strap over the seat.
It can't be any worse than going newhaven to Dieppe (using the french company transmanche I think) where all they gave us was a length of tatty old tow rope and left us to ourselves to find a suitable bit of pipe or bracket on the wall lol. never been so nervous for the bike before and it was a 4 hours crossing :eek: :lol: One guy decided to use his centre stand and when it was tied up on the first attempt you could slide the bike about 3 foot in each direction on the wet deck by hand. needless to say we helped him re strap it :lol: :lol:

From my previous experiences with the ferry (and similar to what Paul said) we may as well head to the port when everyone is there as we will spend at least 20-30 minutes just sat in the docks waiting to board anyway so can chat there, as well as on the ferry :)

cool beans....

starting to get abit excited now the work is decreasing slightly lol :-D

I agree with all of the above posts lol. We've got the wait at the docks and the ferry crossing (and essentially all weekend) to chat and catch up - might as well head to the docks when everyones present and correct :)

Do you think we could get BenF to do a register? :-D

lol, oh is that all? :p :lol:

would be interesting to see how they compare actually. only around 105 here. With the new exhaust I would expect to be up around 115-120, and lose almost 15Kg too, although since xmas I've managed to lose about 20Kg from the combined weight of me and the bike and it already feels more nippy now :D

Christ, I thought your bike would have a lot more than that Paul...although I bet it's got buckets full of torque with that engine. Torque is good, my Cagiva had a load until it decided to jam the throttle wide open and throw me off....DOH!!

Back