Nurburg Ring - 24th May - 27th May

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they close the track due to a crash, then you can use you remaining laps until December 31st

thanks spike thats what I was asking...so the nine lapper sounds like a good deal...

I would want a double room...and its looking good for now...will confirm in next couple of days....

confirmed I am coming..not sure in or on what but it will be something fun I hope...FRP's at least one , scooby, maybe one , maybe even a GTO or Nissan 300zx..

nice one mate! :D

Dont forget the new rules and regulations in force now... Il find the link and post it up.

Rules and Regs:

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/Touristenfahrten/Driving-Regulations-2012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

. Vehicles which due to their design or because of their
technical condition have a minimum speed slower than 60 km/h shall be
exempted from the tourist drives.

Sure you can go Zara?

Ginger Tom said:
Have I understood this right, your not allowed bucket seats, un padded roll cages or HANS devices?

its would seem so

: full bucket seats (driver and passenger), upgraded or not standard removable steering wheels,
HANS (head and neck support) and unpadded cages and other components that can endanger the
driver or road safety shall also not be allowed to drive on the race track.

FRP seats are not full bucket seats. I think they trying to to stop race spec cars, on tourist days, where they expect normal road cars.

Excerpt from Section 3, sub-section 1 of the German Road Traffic Regulations (StVO)
“The driver of the vehicle is only allowed to drive at speeds where he/she is capable of continually controlling the vehicle. The driver must in particular adapt his/her speed to the road, traffic, visibility and weather
conditions as well as his/her personal driving skills and the characteristics of the vehicle and its load.”…

so go careful!

Ross, that regulation is an incredibly sweeping statement. None of it could be quantified unless you had official past data on all aspects and could prove in the event of an accident that you were not exceeding that previous data thus possibly being in breach of all/any of the conditions :lol:

OR

In short it basically means is if you have an accident you were in breach of said regulation and are in deep doodoo. :lol:

I am sure they will tell me about the rules and regs when I get there but my cars will all be road legal cars...one may have a roll cage and also a bucket seat but they are all padded seats not solid seats..

son will bring his nissan 300 and I may bring my GTO...but likely will stick with the pumas...

so will need another room two single beds...

if you have an accident you are charged a fortune for recovery, damage to the armco if any etc etc... I understand...but hey ho lets keep to the track shall we...

paulob1 said:
if you have an accident you are charged a fortune for recovery, damage to the armco if any etc etc... I understand...but hey ho lets keep to the track shall we...

Very true

The incurred damage shall
be noted in a damage report and must be signed by the person causing the damage. The costs for
repairing the damage, including the use of the race track securing personnel and the race track
securing vehicles, shall be charged to the person who caused the accident.

and they are pretty close to skint these days so they will chase you down for the money....how long the circuit will last is highly debatable so getting in now is essential as it may not be around in a few years...

From what I've heard (I could be wrong) I believed the government had re-taken over the running of the Ring. I believe it is just the tracks themselves and not the white elephant hotel, theme area etc.

If it runs like it did before the privateering idiots took it over it, then it should be there for the long term future as the tarcks are what make the money anyway :thumbs:

Ginger Tom said:
Have I understood this right, your not allowed bucket seats, un padded roll cages or HANS devices?

Im not 100% on what they actually mean by a full bucket seat, as for the FRP the seats are standard fit so technically cant have anything done about that...

unpadded roll cages are banned, yes apparently

Yip, whats the crack then? you in :p

FireFly90 said:
why is this May event posted in June section? :?

It was going to be first weekend in June, but was brought forward a week, once track opening times published

:grin:

Latest posts

Back