Nurburg Ring Trip - 11th-14th June

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just found this...

Optional extras available at additional cost include armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter rides. I recommend avoiding these. If you can't, then the following price-list may help:

Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
Replacing armco post: €39 each
Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT)
Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)
Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT.

The record armco bill I'm aware of is €15,000. That was a car that managed to flatten a very impressive length of armco between the Quiddlebacher Hohe bridge and the crest on the approach to Flugplatz. But even a minor bump can turn into a surprisingly expensive day out.

and this from 2010...

I thought this might be a useful reference as general info and a deterrent against losing your head whilst at the 'ring. With permission I took a photo of the barrier repair bill someone received after they had a minor off at the 'ring.

I believe they must have damaged two sections of barrier, which was quadruple height by the looks of it (as much of it is). Below is what was written on the bill with my best guess translation based on the many translation websites out of there in italics. If anyone can advise on any corrections of the translations then please let me know and I'll update it.

4 * €10 = €40
Personaleinsatz 15 M - Engineer cost (per 15 minutes)

2 * €8.75 = €17.50
Einsatz Streckenfahr - Cost of engineers driving to incident site (at a guess)

8 * €21 = €168
Leitplanke demontie - Guard rail removal

8 * €2.10 = €16.80
ölbindemittel - Bonding agent (cost of nuts and bolts probably)

8 * €34.65 = €277.20
Leitplanken liefern - Cost of new guard rails

3 * €14.10 = €42.30
Leitplankepfosten zi - Guard rail post removal

3 * €67.20 = €201.60
Leitplankepfosten li - Cost of new guard rail posts

€157.50
Baustelle räumen (Pa - Construction site clearance

€25
Verwaltungskosten (P - Administrative costs

Total = €945.90

Some of the German words were truncated on the bill so above is exactly what was written. Maybe some of the German speakers may be able to better guess what these should be. Bear in mind that because this person did not have ADAC cover, they also incurred a €277 charge in addition for recovering their vehicle (€15 of which was for one day's storage).

I hope this gives people some idea of how easily the costs can add up, so take it easy! It's easy to get caught out, particularly if it rains so it can happen regardless of how careful you are, which is something to consider when planning a trip.

Back