project OKK

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah we all got that you were being disingenuous,

Like I said, in my very first post on this thread 'basics on a budget', and I'm nothing if not true to my word!

like you said

Let's not argue :lol:

I'm just joshin...Like you said before...everybody has a different level of knowledge so it will help someone. take no notice of me (not that you do), good job! :pose2:

Great guide - I have this on my to-do list; I even have the replacement base and aerial ready to go on - just haven't got round to it. I'll consider this guide a kick up the arse as I have a pile of bits ready to go on the car and need to get motivated! :thumbs:

Just a little job today, polishing the headlights.
Someone had had a go at this in the past but made a poor job!
HLbefore1.jpg

It had a nasty scratch in the left headlight
HLbefore2.jpg

Gave it a rub with 800g wet and dry and water spray with a little washing up liquid in.
HL800.jpg

Then 2500g with same water solution
HL2500.jpg

Gave it a really good rub with toothpaste
HLtoothpaste.jpg

Then finished off with T-cut
HLT-cut.jpg

Still want to do some more work ( lots better but not quite where I want it!) but it started raining so had to call it a day for today.
And before anyone points it out I know the seal has gone round the edge, have some plans for that too, but thats another day :wink:

Have you done a review on GJ Automotive in the garage section?

(good work on the headlights, btw :thumbs:)

Yes please - we don't have any other garages in Lincolnshire on the garage list. :thumbs:

Don't you regularly brush your headlights as part of your headlight hygiene routine, Sparx? Followed by a rinse with mouthwash to keep them minty fresh for longer. Weirdo. :-D

Thats tip top.... can you get a close in pucture of them now, focusing on the upper black area as mine are this degraded and this seems to have worked a treat...

And as a medical professional, I fully endorse headlight hygiene

evilrob said:
Don't you regularly brush your headlights as part of your headlight hygiene routine, Sparx? Followed by a rinse with mouthwash to keep them minty fresh for longer. Weirdo. :-D

No but I may have to start!! :lol:

Well toothpaste is finner than 2500g but coarser than T-cut so just working down the grades, plus you can't beat a bit off minty freshness! :wink: :-D
need to do some research to find a sealent without having to buy a £20 kit for 1 wipe!

Can send you a pick through tomorrow night Mac, but please remember there are some areas I want to do a bit more work on but it's not bad for an hours work,

Sooner or later every holiday romance has to end. Yesterday I said goodbye to OKK :(
Probably the most demanding, but definitely the most fun car I have ever driven.

Highlights :
Driving to Bridlington and being waved to by another puma driver
The look on my son's face the first time I picked him up from school in her
The look of admiration on an old blokes face as we all drove past him at the sheffield meet
Just getting behind the wheel and driving her
Finding a great mechanic (Cheers Gary for all your help mate!)

Low Points:
Finding oil on the drive the second day I had her!
Heater playing silly sausages
Road Tax!!!

What I have learnt:
How to change an H.C.V!
How to change an aerial base.
How to shift air locks.
Which way round a gear box breather plug fits on!
How to use photobucket and post picks on here! (finally!!)
I could go on and on!

Through all the highs and lows there has been one constant, the help, support and friendship I have recieved from all (well most :wink: ) of the guy's and gals on here, and this is one thing at leats that I woun't be giving up. Along with the cigarette lighter :wink: .

Goodbye old friend. I sincerely hope life is good to you as you deserve it, and that whoever takes you on continues this thread and loves you as much as we have.

My OKK. :wub:

BenF said:
no mention of the Sheffield meet as a highlight... :roll:
Eh?
lrrhood said:
Highlights:
Driving to Bridlington and being waved to by another puma driver
The look on my son's face the first time I picked him up from school in her
The look of admiration on an old blokes face as we all drove past him at the sheffield meet
Just getting behind the wheel and driving her
Finding a great mechanic (Cheers Gary for all your help mate!)

Thanks for sharing your (albeit short) project with us, Kay - I'm sure many of us have enjoyed hearing your story as much as you enjoyed living it. :thumbs:

Back