Project Silver, PIC HEAVY

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1070204.JPG

both done, to be bonded in monday

A few parts that i have accumulated to do these windows plus other stuff

from left to right

pack of m4 x 35mm allen key bolts

pack of m4 serrated back lock nuts

pack of m5 serrated back lock nuts

2 x 12mm grommets to blank off the elec window switches

5mm and 10mm grommets for the aerial holes

sikaflew to bond in the rear windows which i think im doing myself now

P1070250.JPG

Carrying on with these windows, got my rear bonded in still drying

P1070257.JPG

better pics when i can remove the tape and clean them up etc

so heres how i went about fixing in the front windows, drilled a hole through the outer skin, through the lexan and through the inner skin

P1070251.JPG

then a bolt goes all the way through with two nuts on it, the first nut allow me to adjust the lexan against the weather strip the second just holds it all firmly in place

P1070255.JPG

P1070260.JPG

P1070259.JPG

then to make the weatherstrip fit over the bolts i cut pieces out of the rear part

P1070262.JPG

fits nice

P1070263.JPG

P1070268.JPG

drilled rivets out of motor/regulators

P1070265.JPG

removed them both, nice bit of weight saved there

P1070267.JPG

will get some better pics of the windows as a whole later when i can remove that tape

Couple of updates

Bought some sticky back neoprene rubber sponge weather strips, 2mm thick roll and 3mm thick roll

P1070290.JPG

the 3mm stuff i put to line the edge of the rear windows where the door meets it, originally there was a rubber seal there on the OEM glass

P1070304.JPG

then when the door shuts it creates a seal

P1070303.JPG

P1070305.JPG

then used the 2mm stuff to seal the slider

took the slider off and went roudn the relevant edges with it

P1070292.JPG

slider back in

P1070294.JPG

opens

P1070295.JPG

P1070302.JPG

I dont think its still 100% water proof but it should seal it at least from the wind and creates a much nicer tactile feel to the sliding motion

Heres a quick vid of in car as a few people wanted to hear what it was like inside

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoTMSDD914A[/youtube]

started stripping some of the loom that i know longer need done the bits going to the doors today and my electric window switches

P1070306.JPG

snipped the plugs off

P1070310.JPG

P1070307.JPG

P1070308.JPG

then pulled all the loom back through the rubbet grommet, need to sort the stuff that goes behind the dash properly when i remove the dash

removed the redundant elec window swithces

P1070312.JPG

blanking gormmets over the holes

P1070313.JPG

bits of loom i removed

P1070315.JPG

not really, most of the weight will be with all the loom behind the dash imo, was mainly just to tidy things up

Id like to race you steve when im done, your car looks like it accelerates pretty damn quick, mine should have more power (hopefully), but yours will be a hell of a lot lighter and nimbler around corners, with no turbo lag. Are you planning on any 1/4 mile days out, or is it going to just be for the bendy stuff?? Exhaust sounds pretty good in the vid too.

lol no probs

its not really for 1/4 mile stuff but id be willing to give it a stab out of curiosity over what sort of times it gets

i think the thing that made a fair bit of diff apart from weight of course was the short ratio box it goes through the gears really quick

Back