Project Silver, PIC HEAVY

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive just watched your nurburg ring vid, you had the lowest power output car i could see on the track, but did really well, looked like good lines, that scirocco had to cave in the end and let you go past, and its a pretty quick car, not sure i want to race you on the twisties now!!! :lol:

On a short track with not very long straights, i doubt there will be much that can touch yours now.

lol that was before id stripped the car, lots of changes since that vid, diff, weight loss, brakes etc, il be interested to see how it affects the time, although the ring is 90% bottle, and 10% skill lol

couple of things turned up today,

although im not keen on them some door strap pulls as i figure they will be better than nothng

P1070325.JPG

also some oem ford tie rod ends as iv been meaning to do them for a while

P1070327.JPG

small update as its all iv had time to do, fitted a new ford badge on the front, i think small things like this make quite a big difference to appearance

old one was a big fucked although you cant really tell in the pic

P1070350.JPG

new on

P1070352.JPG

Another smallish update

more service items, picked up this off ebay cheap as mine is squeaking a bit, again gen ford

P1070354.JPG

drilled two holes in the doors

P1070355.JPG

P1070356.JPG

and fitted these

P1070358.JPG

P1070361.JPG

sorry still nothing much exciting, probs wont embark on anythiing else major until its mot'd at the end of the month

Bits and bobs for todays tasks

P1070362.JPG

Changed my trakc rod ends

P1070364.JPG

old nasty stuff

P1070366.JPG

removed nuts

P1070370.JPG

slackened lock nuts etc and marked

P1070381.JPG

new lock nut on

P1070376.JPG

new ball joint on

P1070377.JPG

old

P1070384.JPG

new

P1070383.JPG

also done the drive belt as it was squeaking

slackened off the tensioner

P1070389.JPG

removed

P1070390.JPG

new one on

P1070391.JPG

made guides for both can be found here

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and here

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In slight other news iv ordered the CL4 cage from custom cages from someone i know of whos a custom cages dealer, who sorted me a cheaper deal.

c6model.jpg

Needs to be made up though so wont be here until mid Feb.

Also ordered some of these

!B3rC6f!BGk~$(KGrHqZ,!igE)qydcMh7BMnGBMibhQ~~_12.JPG

so we can fit the cage without having to cut holes out the bottom out the car

Hi, im new here and have just read your project and it looks fantastic.

I have just taken my stock puma to bedford autodrome and while it performed admirably i experienced a lot more understeer than i was expecting!

Do you have any tips on what i should address first to help eliminate this? This is my daily drive so i am not stripping it.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum but you certainly look like the person to ask.

could be a number of things, tyressloppy suspension on the front.

it maybe even your driving style, maybe try trimming some speed off the entry and modulating the throttle more if you want to bring the back end round a bit try incorporating a bit of lift off oversteer

Hi Steve,

Cracking looking car! Very jealous! Im building my Puma into a road rally car, so alot of the stuff you have done I want to/will be doing to mine. Just a few questions if you dont mind?

Did you decide what car your rear brakes where off? And will they fit in 15" wheels?
Do the MK3 mondeo disks and calipers fit with 15" wheels?
Where did you get the sliders and lexan from?

Cheers

Joe

rear brakes are off a mk1 mondeo and will fit ok under 15s, the mondeo calipers probably wont though

lexan was off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360243790506?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sliders from here

http://www.acwmotorsportplastics.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=57" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Was browsing halfords as you do, found two potential colours for cage the orange is more orange in real life but quite bright

imag0011.jpg

What you think?

I think I have seen the orange sprayed on a bicycle... and it was... well, rather loud!! :lol:

ScubaSteve said:
Was browsing halfords as you do, found two potential colours for cage the orange is more orange in real life but quite bright

imag0011.jpg

What you think?
That blue is a nice shade.

Are you planning on respraying you car a different colour? Black with orange would look pretty cool.

Back